It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

7.1.2 agents running with Windows 2000

Nigel Lawrence (2635) | asked Nov 25 '10, 1:14 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
We were forced to upgrade our Build Forge Server last night to the latest driver (7.1.2.0-0-0341) in order to alleviate a situation that had arisen with the underlying DB2 instance.

Now that we are back online several our older Windows build machines running Windows 2K and running 7.0.x agents cannot connect to the server and so we cannot submit builds on this platform.

The 7.1.2 agent doesn't seem to work on Windows 2K due to a missing dependency in the underlying OS.

Should the 7.0 agent be able to connect to a 7.1.2 server? Or alternatively has anyone got a 7.1 agent working on Windows 2000?

3 answers

permanent link
Peter Birk (501145) | answered Nov 29 '10, 7:32 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Can you try enabling activity_log in bfagent.conf so we can see if more information is available for the problem? This might help determine what's going on. I don't have Win2K so I cannot confirm the issue, but I have not heard of issues like this. You should be able to use the 7.0.x agent with BF 7.1.2.

Regards,
Peter Birk
BF/RTC Team Build Developer

We were forced to upgrade our Build Forge Server last night to the latest driver (7.1.2.0-0-0341) in order to alleviate a situation that had arisen with the underlying DB2 instance.

Now that we are back online several our older Windows build machines running Windows 2K and running 7.0.x agents cannot connect to the server and so we cannot submit builds on this platform.

The 7.1.2 agent doesn't seem to work on Windows 2K due to a missing dependency in the underlying OS.

Should the 7.0 agent be able to connect to a 7.1.2 server? Or alternatively has anyone got a 7.1 agent working on Windows 2000?

permanent link
Nigel Lawrence (2635) | answered Dec 01 '10, 5:32 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Have spoken with the BF service teams we uncovered the root of the problem. The machines that failed to connect were running a 7.0.1 agent. It turns out that this isn't apparently compatible with a 7.1 server - I think the statement of support will be updated to explicitly state this. The fix was to go to an agent of 7.0.2 iFix 1 or later (note. 7.1 agents don't work on Windows 2000) and that seems to work.

permanent link
Peter Birk (501145) | answered Dec 01 '10, 10:52 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Thanks for the follow-up response with the resolution.

Have spoken with the BF service teams we uncovered the root of the problem. The machines that failed to connect were running a 7.0.1 agent. It turns out that this isn't apparently compatible with a 7.1 server - I think the statement of support will be updated to explicitly state this. The fix was to go to an agent of 7.0.2 iFix 1 or later (note. 7.1 agents don't work on Windows 2000) and that seems to work.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.