It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Update all snapshot data, really?

Doug James (2154) | asked Nov 22 '10, 5:45 p.m.
When the 'Reports > Admin > Administer Data Warehouse > Update All Snapshot Data' button is clicked, does it update the snapshot data for all of the active project areas in RTC? Or is the data updated for the single project area the admin is logged into?

I am trying to figure out whether we have to log into n project areas and press the button n times for a manual data warehouse update or if we only need to log into 1 project area and press the button once.

Thanks!

2 answers

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Nov 22 '10, 6:38 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
My understanding is that this updates the snapshot data for the entire
repository (i.e. all project areas in that repository).

Cheers,
Geoff

On 11/22/2010 5:53 PM, dougjames wrote:
When the 'Reports> Admin> Administer Data Warehouse
Update All Snapshot Data' button is clicked, does it update the
snapshot data for all of the active project areas in RTC? Or is the
data updated for the single project area the admin is logged into?

I am trying to figure out whether we have to log into
n project areas and press the button
n times for a manual data warehouse
update or if we only need to log into 1 project area and press the
button once.

Thanks!

permanent link
James Moody (3.3k24) | answered Nov 25 '10, 12:38 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
When the 'Reports > Admin > Administer Data Warehouse > Update All Snapshot Data' button is clicked, does it update the snapshot data for all of the active project areas in RTC? Or is the data updated for the single project area the admin is logged into?

I am trying to figure out whether we have to log into n project areas and press the button n times for a manual data warehouse update or if we only need to log into 1 project area and press the button once.

Thanks!

The UI in RTC 2.0 was a bit confusing here because it appeared that you're only administering snapshots for a particular project (since that's how you got to the page). In fact the snapshots are global for a particular repository, and do not need to be run per project area.

In RTC 3.0 we've moved this administration to the server admin web UI, so hopefully this will be clearer from the context.

james
RTC Reports Team Lead

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.