It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Copying data from one RTC server to another one

Sourith Sisavath (211) | asked Nov 18 '10, 11:02 a.m.
Hi

I use RTC 2.0.0.2 Ifix4.

I tried to copy data from a RTC server X to another RTC server Y. None of the two servers is connected to the LDAP.

From Server X, I did
[i]repotools -export toFile=./file_name.tar[/i]

From server Y, I did
[i]repotools -import fromFile=./file_name.tar[/i]

After the import, users, project initially defined in server Y have disappeared.
Also, connection to server Y is not possible to login/passwd initially defined in Server X and server Y. Only Admin / Admin can connect to it.

Among the list of users available in Server Y, I can only see users initially defined in Server X. However, they don't have any permission in the "Repository permission". When I try to add the "JazzUser" permission for a given user User1, I have the following error message when I try saving the configuration.

"Saving user failed.

CRJAZ1231I The user "User1" could not be found in the external user directory."

Does anyone know the right process to copy data from one server to another one ?
Thanks for your help

5 answers

permanent link
Kevin Ramer (4.5k8183200) | answered Nov 18 '10, 2:37 p.m.
Hi

I use RTC 2.0.0.2 Ifix4.

I tried to copy data from a RTC server X to another RTC server Y. None of the two servers is connected to the LDAP.

From Server X, I did

From server Y, I did

After the import, users, project initially defined in server Y have disappeared.
Also, connection to server Y is not possible to login/passwd initially defined in Server X and server Y. Only Admin / Admin can connect to it.

Among the list of users available in Server Y, I can only see users initially defined in Server X. However, they don't have any permission in the "Repository permission". When I try to add the "JazzUser" permission for a given user User1, I have the following error message when I try saving the configuration.

"Saving user failed.

Does anyone know the right process to copy data from one server to another one ?
Thanks for your help

Assumption is you're using Tomcat

Did you copy the user files from the original server (e.g. tomcat-users.xml)
Also, after the jazz.war deploys you may need to update the web.xml under tomcat/webapps/jazz/WEB-INF.

When I've moved repositories I find these files are necessary to know about (relative to the RTC install e.g. /opt/IBM/RTC/jazz/server ):

conf/jazz/teamserver.properties
conf/jazz/friendsconfig.rdf
conf/jazz/log4j.properties

tomcat/conf/server.xml -- for the Realm definition
tomcat/webapps/jazz/WEB-INF/web.xml

permanent link
Thomas Yu (45183) | answered Nov 18 '10, 9:45 p.m.
Hi

I use RTC 2.0.0.2 Ifix4.

From Server X, I did

From server Y, I did

"Saving user failed.

Thanks for your help

Also, after the jazz.war deploys you may need to update the web.xml under tomcat/webapps/jazz/WEB-INF.

When I've moved repositories I find these files are necessary to know about (relative to the RTC install e.g. /opt/IBM/RTC/jazz/server ):

This is also a question from me. I am using the Tomcat server and copy the users from tomcat-user.xml. But unformately, I still can't see the users.

permanent link
Thomas Yu (45183) | answered Nov 18 '10, 9:50 p.m.
Hi

I use RTC 2.0.0.2 Ifix4.

From Server X, I did

From server Y, I did

"Saving user failed.

Thanks for your help

This is also a question from me. I am using the Tomcat server and copy the users from tomcat-user.xml. But unformately, I still can't see the users.

Oh, I think I find the answer. I am modifying the tomcat server of RTC.
Actually, I think i need to modify the tomcat server of JTS. Because users are managed by JTS server
Haven't tried it though...

permanent link
Sourith Sisavath (211) | answered Nov 21 '10, 5:20 p.m.
Thanks. I'll try your suggestion tomorrow.

permanent link
Sourith Sisavath (211) | answered Dec 21 '10, 11:27 a.m.
BTW it is currently not possible yet to move project between repositories.

https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Rational%20Team%20Concert#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=87778

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.