It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Team Concert And JMeter

Carlos Carrillo Alvarez (621) | asked Nov 18 '10, 9:39 a.m.
Hello everyone.

I am using Rational Team Concert with tools such as AppScan, Funtional Tester, etc. For test the performance of the application will use Jmeter.
Question: Anyone know if there is a connector of Jmeter for Rational Team Concert?

Greetings!
Carlos :)

4 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.4k33646) | answered Nov 19 '10, 1:48 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,

Google search indicates it is possible to run develop JMeter tests in Eclipse and run them from there.
Provided that is possible with the Eclipse Version(s) supported by the RTC Eclipse Client that would be the way to go.

Despite developing these tests and sharing their code in RTC, and maybe running the tests from builds what else would you expect from a connector?

Ralph

Hello everyone.

I am using Rational Team Concert with tools such as AppScan, Funtional Tester, etc. For test the performance of the application will use Jmeter.
Question: Anyone know if there is a connector of Jmeter for Rational Team Concert?

Greetings!
Carlos :)

permanent link
Nick Edgar (6.5k711) | answered Nov 22 '10, 9:41 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
How does JMeter output its results? If there's an XML file or other log file, you can publish that to the build using the logPublisher Ant task. If it's in XML, then you could use XSLT to transform it to the JUnit XML file format and publish it using the junitLogPublisher Ant task, which would show more details in the JUnit/Tests tab of the build result editor. Do you know how the Eclipse integration works? Does it have its own results view or does it leverage the existing JUnit view? If the latter, it may already output its results in JUnit format.

permanent link
Carlos Carrillo Alvarez (621) | answered Nov 24 '10, 9:21 a.m.
How does JMeter output its results? If there's an XML file or other log file, you can publish that to the build using the logPublisher Ant task. If it's in XML, then you could use XSLT to transform it to the JUnit XML file format and publish it using the junitLogPublisher Ant task, which would show more details in the JUnit/Tests tab of the build result editor. Do you know how the Eclipse integration works? Does it have its own results view or does it leverage the existing JUnit view? If the latter, it may already output its results in JUnit format.

Thank you very much everyone, I get more information and will answer your questions

Greetings
Carlos

Comments
Gary Mullen-Schultz commented Jul 12 '13, 4:42 p.m.

Has anyone created a JMeter XSL file yet?

Thanks, Gary

permanent link
Indradri Basu (1.8k1514) | answered Jul 12 '13, 5:27 p.m.
edited Jul 12 '13, 5:28 p.m.

@garymu Freddy has shared quite a bit of information and his experience using JMeter in his blog and also shared a Test Plan. If you are looking for a report file I don't think he shared but there are screenshots. Here are the links:

(J)Metering a Jazz Server: Part I

(J)Metering a Jazz Server: Part II

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.