It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Adding a new Editor presentation - not appearing in list

Anthony Kesterton (7.5k7180136) | asked Jan 26 '12, 12:09 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi

v3.0.1

A colleague has created a new editor presentation to a project area. However, it does not appear as an option in the dropdown box.

What are the conditions for having a new editor presentation appear in the dropdown for a work item type.

thanks

anthony

6 answers

permanent link
Sally-Anne Prout (11022216) | answered Jan 26 '12, 12:21 p.m.
Thanks Anthony. Yes, the problem we are experiencing is when a new editor presentation is created for a lightweight presentation (in order for a defect to be created in RTC from RQM) the presentation does not appear in the list of presentations.

I have successfully created a presentation for the work Item Editor and configured it but cannot do the same for lightweight workitem creation dialog.

Any ideas anyone :-)

permanent link
Nick Edgar (6.5k711) | answered Jan 28 '12, 9:18 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Did you define it as a section in the existing lightweight presentation?
Note that the drop-down for the lightweight presentation of a work item type lists sections within that presentation (since the lightweight creation dialog is always just a single page, not multi-page).

permanent link
Sally-Anne Prout (11022216) | answered Jan 31 '12, 7:18 a.m.
I have now resolved the issue I was having. After speaking to Mark Prout he advised me that the presentation I needed was an 'inline' form for a Defect to be created in QM. I was able to create and customize a form for this use.

Thanks

permanent link
Nick Edgar (6.5k711) | answered Jan 31 '12, 10:29 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Good to hear. Sorry, I should have picked up on the difference too.

permanent link
Sally-Anne Prout (11022216) | answered Jan 31 '12, 11:08 a.m.
No worries - thanks for your help. Its not easy to resolve issues like that remotely without seeing the screen.

permanent link
Nick Edgar (6.5k711) | answered Jan 31 '12, 12:37 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I've also filed: 193851: Provide description for editor presentation kinds, which you might want to subscribe to.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.