It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Connect RTC z with WMB Toolkit.

Nagesh Subrahmanyam (771211) | asked Nov 11 '10, 9:52 p.m.
Hi,
Has anyone tried to publish WebSphere Message Broker (WMB) artefacts to RTC on z directly from the toolkit ?

We want to see if we can publish WMB components from the Toolkit to RTC on z. In the toolkit, there is an option to share a project. If we select it, we can see options for CVS and ClearCase. Similarly, is it possible to see RTC as well ?

Nagesh

2 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Nov 17 '10, 2:12 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,

I haven't tried but here some general comments.

To be able to share artifacts with RTC you would ideally have to install the RTC client into WMB. Not sure that is possible there are dependencies on which Eclipse Versions RTC supports.

If you succeed in that and WMB uses the Eclipse Team API you should see Jazz Source Control as additional SCM provider in Eclipse and should be able to share your artifacts.

If you can't install RTC into WMB there would be a limp along mode where you could work with two Eclipse clients. One, RTC would share and do the SCM, one would import the shared project and work on it as if it would be unshared. This is however not an ideal solution for various reasons.

Ralph

Hi,
Has anyone tried to publish WebSphere Message Broker (WMB) artefacts to RTC on z directly from the toolkit ?

We want to see if we can publish WMB components from the Toolkit to RTC on z. In the toolkit, there is an option to share a project. If we select it, we can see options for CVS and ClearCase. Similarly, is it possible to see RTC as well ?

Nagesh

permanent link
Nagesh Subrahmanyam (771211) | answered Apr 16 '11, 10:57 p.m.
Found this link for WMB 7.0. I haven't tried this yet. We are at WMB 6.1 so I am not sure if it will work.

Integrating the Rational Team Concert client with the WebSphere Message Broker Toolkit

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.