It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC component name in path

Howard McKinney (212) | asked Nov 11 '10, 3:39 p.m.
Is there a way to load a component without the component name being part of the path? This seems to be the default, and I would like to disable it.

Thanks,
Howard

4 answers

permanent link
Tim Mok (6.6k38) | answered Nov 12 '10, 10:41 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
The load wizard allows you to specify where you want the resources to be loaded. There are options to load the component name as a root folder project or to search for projects in the component root to load. It sounds like you want to your RTC client to search for projects in the component root to load. This will not put the component name in the path unless specified. It can be specified in advanced options when selecting which projects to load that specifies the sandbox where the files are loaded. It's possible that the sandbox selected has the component name in it.

Is there a way to load a component without the component name being part of the path? This seems to be the default, and I would like to disable it.

Thanks,
Howard

permanent link
Michael Valenta (3.7k3) | answered Nov 15 '10, 8:54 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
The way to customize the name assigned to a loaded component root folder is to perform a Load As one the component of a workspace in the Team Artifacts view.

Thanks,
Howard

permanent link
Howard McKinney (212) | answered Nov 15 '10, 2:12 p.m.
The load wizard allows you to specify where you want the resources to be loaded. There are options to load the component name as a root folder project or to search for projects in the component root to load. It sounds like you want to your RTC client to search for projects in the component root to load. This will not put the component name in the path unless specified. It can be specified in advanced options when selecting which projects to load that specifies the sandbox where the files are loaded. It's possible that the sandbox selected has the component name in it.

I tried the Load option "Find and load Eclipse Projects". In the load dialog, it shows my project as "Component Root Folder (loaded as 'rt_dev')", where rt_dev is the name of my component and the old name of the project. The current name of my project, however, is "root" (confirmed by looking in the .project file), which is not listed at all. I unchecked the component box, checked the "Component Root Folder" under it, and set my sandbox to where I want the source to go. It still created a subdirectory named after the component and put the source under there.

Something else that is odd is that when this project is loaded, the name of the project remains "rt_dev" instead of the name in my .project file, "root". However, when I delete the project that was just loaded and then import the existing project still on the filesystem into my workspace, it is named correctly ("root"). So I don't know if I might have something not configured correctly, but I don't know what.

permanent link
Howard McKinney (212) | answered Nov 15 '10, 2:30 p.m.
The way to customize the name assigned to a loaded component root folder is to perform a Load As one the component of a workspace in the Team Artifacts view.

Thanks,
Howard

I tried the Load As... option. By default, the Local Path field had the component name as the directory. The path in the Sandbox field was correct. But when I tried to remove the component name from the local path, it complained the the local path must be a decendant of my sandbox. Is it normal for the component name to be part of the local path by default? Also the Load As... option seems to be available only when right-clicking on the specific component. As we add more components we will need to be able to load them all at once, not one at a time.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.