It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Error creating WorkItem in WEB interface

Adriana Mulato (641) | asked Nov 11 '10, 10:40 a.m.
I created a new workitem type and a specific presentation for web interface, and when I try create that workitem using web interface I had the follow error message:

Error!

Error fetching or storing Pacote <10> | Details: Error loading properties for editing the work item

Anyone know what is that?

4 answers

permanent link
Vivek Iyer (15212527) | answered Apr 20 '11, 4:03 p.m.
We saw the same error today.

For us, it was somehow related to process sharing in RTC 3.0. We noticed that this issue was happening with some projects that were inheriting their process from a provider project.

The issue went away after we copied the process configuration source for the "Project Configuration" section into the consuming project, breaking the inheritance and saving the project - and then undoing what we did and putting inheritance back in place.

Comments
András Gálig commented Oct 11 '12, 4:06 a.m.

We also see the same error.  4.0.0.1

Two product owners get the following message permanently, but the third product owner never (independently from the computers and browsers (FF,IE,Chrome)):

Error fetching or storing Story 1111 | Details: Error loading properties for editing the work item

András Gálig commented Oct 12 '12, 9:48 a.m.

breaking the inheritance and saving the project solved the problem. :-)

Good hint Vivek!

permanent link
Özgür Akdemir (4628) | answered Apr 07 '18, 3:04 a.m.

Hi

I encountered the very same problem.

I realized that naming the category in a free format may cause the problem, because when I give a name to the category of the new work item very like the other categories, namely com.ibm........myWorkItemType, the problem disappears.

I hope this helps.

permanent link
Milan Krivic (98010172140) | answered Nov 11 '10, 11:07 a.m.
I created a new workitem type and a specific presentation for web interface, and when I try create that workitem using web interface I had the follow error message:

Error!

Error fetching or storing Pacote <10> | Details: Error loading properties for editing the work item

Anyone know what is that?

Adriana,

are you sure that you set Editor Presentation Bindings for new work item type? For your work item type, you must specify work item editor which you specified by own.

Let me know if this helps.

Regards,

Comments
Chirayu Patel commented Oct 01 '12, 12:26 p.m.

I saw this error reported in a wierd way. There are 2 users with the same default role, one of them is not seeing this error but the other user encounters it each time while creating new work item or modifying exisiting one.

T Shah commented May 28 '13, 6:49 p.m.

I am seeing the same behaviour with two different 4.x instances where some users can browse/edit work items and others cannot. They all have same licenses and roles. we recently upgraded our RTC instances to 4001 from 3011. We definitely did not see this issue in 3011.

permanent link
Rob Logie (33825041) | answered Jun 23 '13, 8:29 p.m.
We have just upgraded from 3.0.1.1 to 4.0.2 and we are now getting this error for some users on some project areas.  However the project areas where the error is occurring are NOT using process inheritance.
Also, the Editor Presentation Bindings are set for the work item... Remember it was all working without any problems before the upgrade.

Does anyone know the cause of this error and how to fix the problem ?

Comments
Rob Logie commented Jun 27 '13, 8:09 p.m.

I found the answer..

This behavior is observed since the Operation Behavior's which were 
   used in RTC 3.X template (Customized by your end) are not updated in 
   the RTC 4.x Template. 
   The customization's implemented in RTC 3.x should be redone in the RTC 
   4.x template in-order to achieve the expected results, if you intend to 
   use the Operations Behavior in RTC 4.x 
So the answer is to remove and redo any operational behaviour in the template after you have done a 3.0 to 4.0.2 upgrade.  Interestingly we have about 20 active project areas on the server and this problem only affected 3 of them after the upgrade

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.