It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to make Date Range Parameter with Birt Custom Reports

Cesar Sasaki (511289129) | asked Nov 05 '10, 7:41 p.m.
Hello everyone!.

Iam trying to make a table that shows the defects From a "date" to a "date".

What i done so far is crossing tables for the names for severity , priority and state (and no the values ). But i need the Date range parameter.

Any idea for this please?!

8 answers

permanent link
Milan Krivic (98013176143) | answered Nov 06 '10, 2:01 p.m.
Hello everyone!.

What i done so far is crossing tables for the names for severity , priority and state (and no the values ). But i need the Date range parameter.

Hi Cesar,

Based on the table which you are using (for example, LIVE_WORKITEM_CNT), when you create your dataset, on Fact Information, you have Selected Columns part and Selected Parameters part. If you choose CREATION_DATE, you must check it under Selected Parameters, and in Data Explorer view, you have Report Parameters. Right click, and say New parameter. You'll get a short dialog window. Type the name and prompt text, and under data type choose Date. Display it as text box. Other options leave default.
After doing this, edit your dataset, select Parameters, and on CREATION_DATE click edit. You'll see the option Link to the report parameter, find your parameter, select it, and click ok. Run report, and enter some date.
you can also add a filter in dataset (CREATION_DATE), and bind it to report parameter which you created. here you have a few options: equal, not equal, greater than, less than etc etc...

That should work.

Regards

permanent link
Cesar Sasaki (511289129) | answered Nov 06 '10, 5:38 p.m.
Hello everyone!.

Hi Cesar,

Based on the table which you are using (for example, LIVE_WORKITEM_CNT), when you create your dataset, on Fact Information, you have Selected Columns part and Selected Parameters part. If you choose CREATION_DATE, you must check it under Selected Parameters, and in Data Explorer view, you have Report Parameters. Right click, and say New parameter. You'll get a short dialog window. Type the name and prompt text, and under data type choose Date. Display it as text box. Other options leave default.
After doing this, edit your dataset, select Parameters, and on CREATION_DATE click edit. You'll see the option Link to the report parameter, find your parameter, select it, and click ok. Run report, and enter some date.
you can also add a filter in dataset (CREATION_DATE), and bind it to report parameter which you created. here you have a few options: equal, not equal, greater than, less than etc etc...

That should work.

Regards

Hi Milan :)

I done that, but thats only for filter a single date, for example choosing 5 November 2010, but what i need is a filter that shows me defects that were modified betwen dates for example november 2 and november 5.
I hope you could help me with this!

permanent link
Milan Krivic (98013176143) | answered Nov 06 '10, 6:28 p.m.
Hello everyone!.

Hi Cesar,

That should work.

Regards

Hi Milan :)

I done that, but thats only for filter a single date, for example choosing 5 November 2010, but what i need is a filter that shows me defects that were modified betwen dates for example november 2 and november 5.
I hope you could help me with this!

Cesar,

I sent you a mail with example. All that you need is to add two filters with MODIFIED_DATE, and link them on two report parameters.

Regards,

permanent link
Cesar Sasaki (511289129) | answered Nov 06 '10, 8:17 p.m.
Hi Milan
Thanks for the report, i dint noticed that I can asociated filters with parameters.
Thanks for the idea, but now i can not filter data extract from dynamic text boxes, am trying now.

But thanks very much :D!

permanent link
Milan Krivic (98013176143) | answered Nov 06 '10, 8:42 p.m.
Hi Milan
Thanks for the report, i dint noticed that I can asociated filters with parameters.
Thanks for the idea, but now i can not filter data extract from dynamic text boxes, am trying now.

What did you mean by extracting from dynamic text?

permanent link
Jorge Flores Montoya (1144) | answered Aug 01 '11, 1:47 p.m.
Hi Milan

What did you mean by extracting from dynamic text?

Hi Millan.

I have used the filter option to set a range of dates for the RESOLUTION_DATE field, but it does not work for the onfetch event in the dataset. It seems that the filter is applied after the fetch data process.

Any idea to solve this problem?

permanent link
Rafik Jaouani (5.0k16) | answered Sep 03 '11, 1:11 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
This is only possible using the Jazz Advanced Data Set type in BIRT which is only available in RTC 3.0.1. Are you using RTC 3.0.1?

permanent link
Cesar Sasaki (511289129) | answered Sep 26 '12, 6:37 p.m.
Hi Rafik

How do you make an input  with parameters on the "Jazz Advance Data Set".

I know they are like SQL for example

Id>50 AND STATE ='open'

but how do you put the parameter there? for example

id> paramter 1 and state ='parameter2'
thanks

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.