It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Migrate RTC repository from 2.0 to 3.0RC1 w/ repotools?

Jim Tykal (166116) | asked Oct 25 '10, 3:38 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I used "repotools" to export my RTC repository on my 2.0 server. I can import the tar file into another 2.0 server with no problems.

Now I would like to import that repository into my newly constructed 3.0RC1 server. I'm finding new repotools-jts.bat and repotools-ccm.bat scripts in place of the old "repotools" command, so I'm not sure how to proceed. Is is possible to import the 2.0 repository tar file onto a 3.0RC1 server?

Or do I need to do a "same server" upgrade from 2.0 to 3.0RC1 in order to migrate the data? Anyone done this successfully?

Thanks in advance for any guidance...

5 answers

permanent link
Jim Tykal (166116) | answered Oct 25 '10, 6:31 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
So I found this: https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/RTCtoCCM30MigrationSteps

I installed RTC 2.0.0.2 on my server and imported my repository. Now, with both RTC versions on the same server, I should be able to move forward with migrating the repository date...

Trying to go through the documented process only to find that the "-migration_updateConfigurationFiles" option for repotools-jazz.bat is not recognized in the published 3.0RC1 build (RJF-I20101008-1431), but requires a build based on RJF-I20101019-1700. Where can I get a build based the newer RJF?

permanent link
Jim Tykal (166116) | answered Oct 25 '10, 10:23 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I found the RC2 candidate build, which seems to have the RJF version that I need for the 2.x to 3.0 migration commands:
http://jazzweb.beaverton.ibm.com/rtc/main/I/RTC-I20101022-1001/rtc-web-install/index.html

However, when I install this, the IM does not give the "Upgrading from Rational Team Concert 2.x" option like the RC1 install did. So, the application root ends up being named "ccm" instead of "jazz". This causes the migration commands and scripts to fail.

So, I'm stuck in a catch-22:
The RC1 install allows you to specify the upgrading option, but does not have the RJF build necessary for the migration commands to work
The RC2 build has the necessary RJF build, but the install does not allow you to specify the upgrading option.

HELP!

permanent link
Adrian Cho (82113322) | answered Oct 26 '10, 1:33 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
The IM install in the rtc.jcb build is not the correct one that is used for RTC 3.0 - it's really more of a 2.x style RTC IM. That one we will publish on jazz.net for RC2 comes from the calm.rtc.jcb and the matching build for RC2 is this one:

https://jazz.net/jazz/resource/itemOid/com.ibm.team.build.BuildResult/_ClnmkN4uEd-mUNRu-JsMqg

If you can wait until later today (Tuesday) this will all be published on jazz.net.

permanent link
Jim Tykal (166116) | answered Oct 26 '10, 3:40 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Much better! Thanks Adrian.
I was able to get the 3.0RC2 install completed and my 2.0 repository migrated, but I'm now having a problem with users. The migration copied the tomcat_users.xml file from 2.0 to 3.0, but these migrated users are only visible in the "/jazz" CCM application -- not in the "/jts" Jazz Team Server. I get errors when trying to assign Developer licenses to these users from the application admin page. In order to keep these threads focused on one issue at a time, I will start a new topic on this user synchronization issue.

permanent link
Jim Tykal (166116) | answered Oct 27 '10, 5:24 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.