It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How can I develop client-side operation participants?

Yasuyuki Kubota (341015) | asked Oct 08 '13, 7:27 a.m.
I want to develop client-side operation participants with "com.ibm.team.scm.client.deliver" operation.
I builded the plug-in project, feature project and update site project in the same way as server-side operation participants way.
After RTC server loaded plug-in project, I checked process configuration with project area editor.
But I couldn't find any follow-up action for "com.ibm.team.scm.client.deliver" operation.
By the way, server-side operation participants with "com.ibm.team.scm.server.deliver" successfully worked.

How can I set up client-side operation participants?
Are there any differences between client-side and server-side?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Oct 08 '13, 7:36 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
 You need to deploy the client part in the client as described in https://jazz.net/library/article/1000 the last labs.
The client side participants should show up in the operational behavior, if they are deployed and work in the client. There are several examples in deliver (client) as opposed to deliver(server).
Yasuyuki Kubota selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Yasuyuki Kubota commented Oct 08 '13, 10:16 a.m.

Hi, Ralph.
Thank you for your reply.
I confirmed Extensibility Last labs.
And I exported the client-side participants plug-in to dropins folder.
but it didn't show up in the operational behavior with process configuration editor.

May I ask some additional questions?

1. After exporting the client-side plug-in, it located at <RTC_CLIENT_ROOT>\jazz\client\eclipse\dropins\plugins. It was a correct way?
  2. How to confirm whether the plug-in was loaded by Eclipse client or not?

Yasuyuki Kubota commented Oct 08 '13, 12:30 p.m.

Finally Eclipse client loaded client-side plug-in from dropins folder.
I could find my plug-in in the Eclipse Installation plug-in list.
However , client-side participants didn't still show up in the operational behavior...

Ralph Schoon commented Oct 08 '13, 2:36 p.m.

My answer is, run the workshop and use Jetty  to make sure your extension works. Then create an update site and install your extension in Eclipse. See http://rsjazz.wordpress.com/2013/02/28/setting-up-rational-team-concert-for-api-development/ for details. You need to run the extensions workshop on 4.0 today to get the launches. Once you have them, you can import them anywhere else. You also need the described feature based launches to debug your extension, on the server as well as on the client.

Yasuyuki Kubota commented Oct 11 '13, 4:53 a.m.

Hi, Ralph.
I ran the workshop totally.
I can understand how to develop sever-side operation participants plugin deeper than before.
But I can't still understand the client-side operation participants.
If possible, Could you tell me the whole procedure to develop the client-side operation participants?

Ralph Schoon commented Oct 11 '13, 5:33 a.m.

As far as I can tell, you have to develop against the same extension point but use a client enabled operation. com.ibm.team.scm.client.deliver is a client operation.

See https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/CustomPreconditionsTable#operations for operations.

There is e.g. no client side operation for work items.

Yasuyuki Kubota commented Oct 11 '13, 5:40 a.m.

I finally found a difference between server-side participants and client-side ones.
It is  an extension point which I have to use.
server-side:com.ibm.team.process.service.operationParticipants
client-side:com.ibm.team.process.client.operationParticipants

I replace to the correct extension point, and then my participants showed up in the operational behavior.

I'm sorry for all the fuss and thank you for your cooperation!

Ralph Schoon commented Oct 11 '13, 6:11 a.m.

See the link above for all the operations. And, this was quite interesting. No need to be sorry at all.

Yasuyuki Kubota commented Oct 14 '13, 1:32 a.m.

Hi, Ralph.
Thank you everything.
The link you told me is quite useful.
I could develop my operation participants based on "Predefined RTC Follow-Up Actions".

showing 5 of 8 show 3 more comments

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.