It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Question on Open File action in the Repository File view

Denise Chang (11) | asked Jul 26 '10, 4:21 p.m.
Hi,

I'm working on integrating WebSphere Message Broker toolkit with RTC 2.0.0.2. After I shared the Message Broker projects to the repository I created, I try to open the message broker assets from the repository through the Repository Files view and Open File option but failed. After some investigation, I found that RTC tries to open the file with the editor that is set as default editor in the Preference setting for the associated file, so it tries to open the MB artifacts with the MB editor which RTC doesn't know about them.

So the question is if there is option in RTC to always open the file from the RTC repository with the Text Editor regardless the workspace setting just like CVS? If not, what's the recommended solution to fix this problem?

Thanks

One answer

permanent link
Jean-Michel Lemieux (2.5k11) | answered Jul 26 '10, 5:14 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
No this isn't possible yet, please open an enhancement request and we can investigate. In theory, we should provide an action much like in the Eclipse explorers with "Open With >".

Jean-Michel

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.