It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Questions on RTC 3.0 Databases

Geoff Alexander (19623948) | asked Oct 25 '10, 12:40 p.m.
In RTC 2.0, I only had to create one database for the RTC server. But in configuring the RTC 3.0 RC1 server, I find that the RTC server now uses multiple databases. Could someone describe what the various databases are used for?

For the default Derby configuration, there are four databases:

server/conf/ccm/teamserver.properties

com.ibm.team.repository.db.jdbc.location=conf/ccm/derby/repositoryDB
com.ibm.team.datawarehouse.db.jdbc.location=conf/ccm/derby/warehouseDB
server/conf/jts/teamserver.properties
com.ibm.team.repository.db.jdbc.location=conf/jts/derby/repositoryDB
com.ibm.team.datawarehouse.db.jdbc.location=conf/jts/derby/warehouseDB

From the DB2 configuration instructions, I see that I need to create three databases: JAZZ, CCM, and DW. However, the commented out DB2 configuration in server/conf/ccm/teamserver.properties and conf/jts/derby/repositoryDB only reference the JAZZ database:

#com.ibm.team.repository.db.jdbc.location=//localhost:50000/JAZZ:user=db2admin;password={password};
#com.ibm.team.datawarehouse.db.jdbc.location=//localhost:50000/JAZZ:user=db2admin;password={password};
#com.ibm.team.repository.db.jdbc.location=//localhost:50000/JAZZ:user=db2admin;password={password};
#com.ibm.team.datawarehouse.db.jdbc.location=//localhost:50000/JAZZ:user=db2admin;password={password};

I assume that when configuring the RTC server for DB2, I should use the three databases as follows:

com.ibm.team.repository.db.jdbc.location=//localhost:50000/CCM:user=db2admin;password={password};
com.ibm.team.datawarehouse.db.jdbc.location=//localhost:50000/DW:user=db2admin;password={password};
com.ibm.team.repository.db.jdbc.location=//localhost:50000/JAZZ:user=db2admin;password={password};
com.ibm.team.datawarehouse.db.jdbc.location=//localhost:50000/DW:user=db2admin;password={password};

Also, should I use the same database, DW, for the both the CCM and JTS data warehouse? Or do I need different databases as in the case for Derby?

The DB2 configuration instructions say to run the following scripts to create tables in the JTS and CCM databases:

repotools-jts -createTables -clean

repotools-ccm -createTables -clean

However, there's no mention of a script for creating tables in the DW database. Do I need to do anything to initialize the DW database?

Thanks,
Geoff Alexander

One answer

permanent link
Zac Brosnan (6) | answered Oct 28 '10, 9:36 a.m.
That's an interesting one. I hadn't noticed an issue. Maybe their just messing with our heads :lol:

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.