It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to find which testcases don't have any TERs

Rohit Kaushal (132) | asked Oct 21 '10, 2:42 p.m.
Hi,

Is there a way to find out what all test cases don't have any TERs associated with them.

We have >500 testcases and will be executing those in different iterations. But at the end of the project cycle we would like to see if all the test cases have been executed atleast once.

One way we think is to find out if there are any test cases which don't have any TER associated with them. That will tell us that those test cases have not been executed. But don't how to fetch this information in RQM.

If you know any other way to figure out the desired information, that would be helpful as well.

Thanks,

7 answers

permanent link
Andri Lareida (36) | answered Feb 01 '11, 6:52 a.m.
Hello,

I'm having exactly the same problem. When I want to create and assign TERs for a certain iteration I would like to know which test cases haven't got a TER associated with this particular iteration.

Any tips or hints will be appreciated.

permanent link
Marc van Lint (852129) | answered Feb 10 '11, 3:13 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I'm pretty sure you can create such a list with RPE. Once I created a report which shows testcases without scripts. All these kind of easy-useful listings are able with RPE.

permanent link
Andri Lareida (36) | answered Feb 16 '11, 3:27 a.m.
I'm pretty sure you can create such a list with RPE. Once I created a report which shows testcases without scripts. All these kind of easy-useful listings are able with RPE.

Thanks for the reply. I don't get what exactly you mean by RPE. I tried all the standard reports but there is no one which links test cases to TERs.

permanent link
Andri Lareida (36) | answered Feb 17 '11, 6:56 a.m.
I solved the problem by creating a custom report using RTC Client and BIRT plugin.

I'll try to get my report into the wiki and post the link here.

permanent link
Joerg Moeller (9677) | answered Feb 21 '11, 6:22 a.m.
Hello,

I was thinking that RQM specific artifacts like test plans, test cases, etc. weren't accessible with Birt and that the usage of Birt was limited to RTC artifacts. I would be very much interested in your solution.

RPE = Rational Publishing Engine.

Kind Regards
Joerg

permanent link
Rohit Rishabh (1531336) | answered Mar 14 '11, 4:04 a.m.
I solved the problem by creating a custom report using RTC Client and BIRT plugin.

I'll try to get my report into the wiki and post the link here.

Hi, Can you plz share the link of the BIRT report which you have created. I am exploring on creating the BIRT report for RQM using RTC client and BIRT plugin. Your report will help me understanding the design.
Thanks in advance

permanent link
Una Ramsay (1101918) | answered Jun 01 '11, 6:13 a.m.
Note quite what you want, but you can at least view how many TERs are associated with each Test Case in the Test Plan.

Select Test Cases in the Test Plan to show all Test Cases. 4th column from right (default) is No of TERs associated with Test Case

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.