It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Error while trying to upload the jar file for new policy int

Samanwita Majumdar (5033740) | asked Oct 21 '10, 7:03 a.m.
I went to Administration->Custom Extensions and tried to add a new policy extension, by giving the name of the class and browsing the jar file from my local system. On clicking 'Ok' this just throws up the error saying that Error adding custom review process com.policy.RAM.LegalAndIPGoverner. In the log it writes the following: I am not sure whats causing this because the same jar works in a different instance of iRAM, this is using RAM 7.2.0.1 on a AIX machine.

00000031 SystemOut O CRRAM0001E 94897737 ERROR web pagecode.admin.repository.CustomExtensions - Error setting external policy governor classes
java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.ibm.ram.common.util.ManifestBuilder$CustomAttributeUpdate.createFreeFormValue(ManifestBuilder.java:2039)
at com.ibm.ram.common.util.ManifestBuilder$CustomAttributeUpdate.setUnrestrictedAttributeValue(ManifestBuilder.java:1792)
at com.ibm.ram.common.util.ManifestBuilder.addCustomAttribute(ManifestBuilder.java:981)
at com.ibm.ram.repository.extension.ExtensionManager.createExtensionAsset(ExtensionManager.java:293)
at com.ibm.ram.repository.extension.ExtensionManager.createExtensionPoint(ExtensionManager.java:223)
at pagecode.admin.repository.CustomExtensions.doCreateExtension(CustomExtensions.java:167)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:79)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:618)
at com.sun.faces.el.MethodBindingImpl.invoke(MethodBindingImpl.java:127)
at com.sun.faces.application.ActionListenerImpl.processAction(ActionListenerImpl.java:73)
at javax.faces.component.UICommand.broadcast(UICommand.java:312)
at javax.faces.component.

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.