It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

connector comments transformer issues

sam detweiler (12.5k6195201) | asked Oct 12 '10, 9:48 a.m.
so, looking thru the cq gw source I see this formatter

com\ibm\rational\connector\cq\teamapi\common\internal\CQNoteEntry.java

that documents the text (toString) format of the cq note as

user==usertext!FIELD!text==textstring!NOTE_ENTRY!

so, formatting my incoming text comment string that way and selecting the comment transformer, I get java.lang.RuntimeException: The value "usertext" for property "Comments" is invalid, because it cannot be interpreted as item identifiers (UUIDs)

I found this page on the setup of the user synch of comment entries http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/rtc/v2r0m0/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.team.connector.cq.doc/topics/t_mapping_comments.html

and that config for contributor I have, and it works to my remote manager.

when I use that as the sync rule on the comment transformer config, I get
Incoming at 10/12/10 8:44:32 AM CDT
Error occurred:
java.lang.RuntimeException: The value "user==usertext!FIELD!text==this%20is%20a%20test%20update%20of%20a%20work%20item!NOTE_ENTRY!" for property "Comments" is invalid, because it cannot be interpreted as external references (URIs)

So, I am back to confused again..

can someone document the rules for the comment transformer, for NON-CQ incoming/outgoing comments.

or tell me that I have to write my own transformer..(in which case the generic transformer should be renamed to CQ specific name)

altho I have comment set as in/out, and I can manually add them to workitems created thru my itemconnector, I don't see the data on the outgoing synchronizations..

Sam

3 answers

permanent link
sam detweiler (12.5k6195201) | answered Oct 13 '10, 10:44 a.m.
so I set the Comments field to outbound synch only and am looking at the status for this item..

it shows

user==uuid!FIELD!text==comment text!NOTE_ENTRY!

the key here is the user is in UUID format.

I thought by specifying the user sync rule (which works for work item CreatedBy) that this would work for the comments.. else how else would u do it?

If I specify the workitem comment transformer and NOT my user sync rule, I get the error

user==usertext_string is not in UUID format... as expected
this means it was parsed off, and doesn't match a user..

if I specify the user sync rule, and no change in the comment content
I get

user==usertext_string!FIELD!text==comment text!NOTE_ENTRY!

for some reason the user string is NOT parsed properly

sam

permanent link
sam detweiler (12.5k6195201) | answered Oct 28 '10, 2:20 p.m.
still need help

permanent link
sam detweiler (12.5k6195201) | answered Nov 11 '10, 10:02 p.m.
anyone have any ideas how I find the current workitem fro the context passed in the transformer?

the comment stream is inadequate for the correct synchronzation. as there is no timestamp data.. I need this to tell of this comment should be transported, in either direction

Sam

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.