It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Integrating the RTC client with IBM DB2 DWE Design Studio

Thomas Loeber (62237850) | asked Oct 11 '10, 6:55 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Since the DB2 Data warehouse Design Studio eclipse client doesn't install with Installation manager, is there another way to install the RTC client for eclipse plugin within the Design Studio eclipse client?

3 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Oct 11 '10, 10:14 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,

you could always install RTC Client and select an installed Eclipse Client (e.g. design studio).

If they are compatible RTC would install into that Eclipse and be available once you start that client.

Ralph

Since the DB2 Data warehouse Design Studio eclipse client doesn't install with Installation manager, is there another way to install the RTC client for eclipse plugin within the Design Studio eclipse client?

permanent link
Thomas Loeber (62237850) | answered Oct 11 '10, 10:32 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,

you could always install RTC Client and select an installed Eclipse Client (e.g. design studio).

If they are compatible RTC would install into that Eclipse and be available once you start that client.

Ralph

Thanks Ralph. I tried downloading the P2 install of RTC and that produced configuration errors. I'll try you suggestion, and post the results back here.

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Oct 11 '10, 10:49 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi, Thomas

the P2 is for Eclipse 3.5, I think.

The installation manager version is 3.4. Not sure what the Design Studio comes with. If it is Eclipse 3.5 and RTC P2 fails to install there could be a conflict. I haven't tried the P2 Install, yet.

Ralph

Hi,

Ralph

Thanks Ralph. I tried downloading the P2 install of RTC and that produced configuration errors. I'll try you suggestion, and post the results back here.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.