It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Error running OOTB build sample

Pravesh Patel (37612615) | asked Mar 28 '08, 11:37 a.m.
I downloaded the M5a Server (no installer), Client (no installer), CodeCoverage and Static analysis modules and extracted them to the C:\Jazz directory in that order.

I created a new workspace and loaded the sample code found here:
C:\jazz\buildsystem\buildtoolkit\examples\compile-and-test-coverage\

I created a build definition which points to the following example build file (modifying only the junit path) and the workspace above:

C:\jazz\buildsystem\buildtoolkit\examples\compile-and-test-coverage\build.xml

I started a build engine and requested a build. I get the following error:

C:\jazz\buildsystem\buildtoolkit\examples\compile-and-test-coverage\build.xml:85: buildResultPublisher doesn't support the "currentActivityLabel" attribute

What did I miss?

3 answers

permanent link
Pravesh Patel (37612615) | answered Mar 28 '08, 2:00 p.m.
As a follow-up to the previous post. If I remove the "currentActivityLabel" attribute from the buildResultPublisher elements throughout the file, I then get the following error:

analysis: internal error

while executing the follwing part of the build script

<analysis projectsref="project.dirs" flags="0"sourcepath="${basedir}/src" outfile="${analysisFile}" summaryFile="${summaryFile}" verbosity="verbose">
<infileset dir="${coverageDir}" includes="*.em, *.ec"/>
</analysis>

Has anyone seen this? Is there a workaround? Again, this is the OOTB example with only the minimal set of changes that are required.

==== EDIT ====
This exact same script worked fine on beta2a.

permanent link
Martha (Ruby) Andrews (3.0k44251) | answered Mar 29 '08, 3:00 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
The errors from currentActivityLabel) appear to be caused by an out of date example build file.

This is from the M5a new and noteworthy:
The build toolkit build result publisher Ant task no longer support the currentActivityLabel attribute. See the startBuildActivity and completeBuildActivity tasks for a replacement.

Vork item 48777 is a request to fix the example (https://jazz.net/jazz/resource/itemName/com.ibm.team.workitem.WorkItem/48777).

I don't know what caused the second error.

Martha
Jazz Team Build Component

permanent link
Pravesh Patel (37612615) | answered Mar 31 '08, 11:00 a.m.
I found that if I swap out the version of emma.jar and emma_ant.jar shipped with M5a with the version shipped in beta2a, the second error goes away.

Specifically the version of EMMA that works is:

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.