It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

buildforge agent installation

sridevi yv (10632) | asked Aug 05 '10, 3:00 a.m.
hi,
i installed buildforge agents recently on hp and aix machines.. i dint encounter any prob during installation.i mean the installation was successful..
but when i create a server in buildforge and test connection for the same, its failing..
authentication,path all are absolutely correct
i feel its cos the agent is not started on the respective machines.
the command bfagent -s is not working for some reason..
can anyone pls help me solve this issue and tell me how to run agents on unix machines??

13 answers

permanent link
sriram thiruvenkatachari (8698) | answered Aug 05 '10, 3:08 p.m.
The easiest way to test the agent outside of build forge, is to telnet into the server using the port number. telnet server123 5555

If the agent responds, the issue is around the server definitions in build forge.

permanent link
sridevi yv (10632) | answered Aug 06 '10, 12:34 a.m.
ya right but thats not working..so i feel the issue is the agent not being started.. after installation u will have to run the agent by using some commands.. on esuch command known is bfagent -s which isn working..so does anyone know how to run it on hp and aix machines.. bfagent -s is working only on rhel4 machine

permanent link
Brent Ulbricht (2.5k11) | answered Aug 06 '10, 8:45 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
ya right but thats not working..so i feel the issue is the agent not being started.. after installation u will have to run the agent by using some commands.. on esuch command known is bfagent -s which isn working..so does anyone know how to run it on hp and aix machines.. bfagent -s is working only on rhel4 machine

Hi,

Do you get any error messages when you run bfagent -s? One thing to look for would be if something is already running on the Build Forge agent default port of 5555. If this is the case, you can change the port in the bfagent.conf file. If you have multiple bfagent.conf files on your system, you might want to specify the -f option to explicitly set the bfagent.conf in which you have changed the port (bfagent -s -f ).

bju

permanent link
sridevi yv (10632) | answered Aug 09 '10, 12:39 a.m.
hi bju,

ya am getting an error saying "command not found" when i run bfagent -s..

permanent link
Brent Ulbricht (2.5k11) | answered Aug 09 '10, 8:55 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
hi bju,

ya am getting an error saying "command not found" when i run bfagent -s..

Hi,

That message seems to indicate that bfagent is not in your path. You might want to fully specify the directory of where the bfagent is when you execute the bfagent command (ex. /usr/local/bin/bfagent -s).

If you're not sure where the bfagent executable file is located on your drive, you could cd to root directory (cd /) and then do a 'find . -name bfagent'.

bju

permanent link
sridevi yv (10632) | answered Aug 10 '10, 3:10 a.m.
hi,
i remember having run the command being in the bfagent folder itself.. anyways i will try again and get back to u.. right now the server am working on is down..so will take some time..

permanent link
sridevi yv (10632) | answered Aug 17 '10, 2:47 a.m.
hi,
i gave the path and then tried the command..still its saying "not found" i really don know how to resove this issue
pls help me out

permanent link
Brent Ulbricht (2.5k11) | answered Aug 18 '10, 11:29 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
hi,
i gave the path and then tried the command..still its saying "not found" i really don know how to resove this issue
pls help me out

It's really hard to tell from the data what might be happening. Is there any way that you could follow the documentation for uninstalling and try the install again just to make sure that all of the files are in their initial condition.

permanent link
sridevi yv (10632) | answered Aug 19 '10, 1:16 a.m.
hi,
pls help me out

It's really hard to tell from the data what might be happening. Is there any way that you could follow the documentation for uninstalling and try the install again just to make sure that all of the files are in their initial condition.

hi,
ya i had tried that for some server and it was such a mess..it hadn helped me in any way.. am sure there's no mistake in the installation..it was all smooth and i had even got prompting msgs as to wat all is happening during installation.. anyways worst case i will try to uninstall and install.. but the machines which i am working on are very important ones in the company and i don wanna mess around with them..

permanent link
charanjeet singh (11) | answered Aug 19 '10, 2:15 p.m.
go the directory where bfagent command is , usually it should in /usr/local/bin and the try using ./bfagent -s

hi,
pls help me out

hi,
ya i had tried that for some server and it was such a mess..it hadn helped me in any way.. am sure there's no mistake in the installation..it was all smooth and i had even got prompting msgs as to wat all is happening during installation.. anyways worst case i will try to uninstall and install.. but the machines which i am working on are very important ones in the company and i don wanna mess around with them..

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.