It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Maximo to RTC Integration

E Muehl (325) | asked Jul 02 '15, 2:04 p.m.
edited Jul 02 '15, 2:11 p.m.
Is any documentation available on integrating Maximo with RTC, specifically RTC work item access from Maximo through the User Interface?  We are attempting this and unable to connect the two.

We keep getting a "certification path not found" error when we try to access RTC from Maximo.  We've reconfigured SSL several times on both servers and are now using common trust and key stores with certificates, but we're still getting this error.  Anyone seen that?

FInally, we're attempting an SSL-disabled approach, but I can't find a quick way to do that for WebSphere that doesn't result in an error.

Thanks in advance.

Comments
Donald Nong commented Jul 03 '15, 1:08 a.m.

Not familiar with Maximo. If it also relies on its own JRE, meaning that it's not a pure web application, you may need to import the (root and immediate) signer certificates into the Java trust store, not just the WebSphere trust store. Using the same trust and key stores in both WAS servers does not guarantee this - you need to be aware of which Java instance receives the certificate and dislikes it.

E Muehl commented Jul 03 '15, 1:09 p.m.

Thanks for your answer, Donald.  I will check on this aspect of our SSL configuration.

I assume you know that Maximo is an asset management product from IBM.  In our case, Maximo is running on Weblogic and RTC on WebSphere.

- Eric

Donald Nong commented Jul 05 '15, 9:55 p.m.

I do know what Maximo is but just am not familiar with it to provide any constructive advises. WebLogic is another one that I only know by the name but have little experience (used it more than 10 years ago).

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.