It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

ClearQuest SQL Import

Robert Thompson (31274) | asked Sep 14 '10, 12:53 p.m.
I've created a personal query in ClearQuest using the SQL editor and when I use this query in the ClearQuest Import Wizard to create a zip file, I get all records with just dbid and bug_id.

Can you use the import wizard from a SQL base query?

If not, how to I solve getting info from history and duplicate ids?

select T1.dbid,T1.id,T1.classification,T1.headline_1 as headline,T1.release_build,T1.severity14,T1.production_release,T1.cr_type,T1.discovered,T3.name as State,T1.description,{fn concat({fn concat({fn concat({ fn rtrim( {fn convert(T5.dbid,sql_char)} )}, {fn concat('    ', T5.filename)})}, {fn concat('    ', { fn rtrim( {fn convert(T5.filesize,sql_char)} )})})},     {fn concat('    ', T5.description)})},T1.notes_log,T2.action_timestamp as Submitted,T1.resolution_1,T2.user_name,T1.project,T1.priority,T1.steps_to_reproduce,T1.owners, T6.action_timestamp as Resolved, (select T7.id as DuplicateOf from changerequest T7, parent_child_links L where T1.dbid <> 0 and (T1.dbid = l.child_dbid and l.parent_dbid = T7.dbid and l.link_type_enum=2))  from ( ( ( ( changerequest T1 INNER JOIN statedef T3 ON T1.state = T3.id ) INNER JOIN history T2 ON T1.dbid = T2.entity_dbid  and 16777432 = T2.entitydef_id  and T2.action_name = 'Submit') LEFT OUTER JOIN history T6 ON T1.dbid = T6.entity_dbid  and 16777432 = T6.entitydef_id  and (T6.action_name in ('Close','Accept')) ) LEFT OUTER JOIN attachments T5 ON T1.dbid = T5.entity_dbid  and 16777461 = T5.entity_fielddef_id ) where T1.dbid <> 0 and ((T1.project = 'Selection Boards' and  (T3.name in ('Assigned','Closed','Delivered_to_Test','Duplicated','Fixed','Impacted','Opened','Postponed','Resolved')) ))

2 answers

permanent link
Lorelei Ngooi (1.5k22) | answered Sep 14 '10, 10:01 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Unfortunately, the CQ import wizard does not support SQL based query.

permanent link
Lorelei Ngooi (1.5k22) | answered Sep 15 '10, 9:30 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
You can submit an enhancement request for this.

Another thing to try is to export the query results into a csv file and use the CSV importer, http://jazz.net/library/techtip/69, or format the results of the query into a file that the CQ Importer is expecting.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.