It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Changing planned for needs permissions to modify all fields?

Daniel Cox (4261168) | asked Sep 09 '10, 12:23 p.m.
I'm on 2.0.0.2 iFix 2 and I have the process customized to prevent some fields from being modified by non-project/team members. Planned for is modifiable by all roles. However when I attempt to changed planned for when I am not a project/team member it fails and the team advisor shows that permission checks failed on all of the fields which are not modifiable by my role per the process.

Is this expected behavior?

3 answers

permanent link
Jared Burns (4.5k29) | answered Sep 13 '10, 4:55 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
I'm on 2.0.0.2 iFix 2 and I have the process customized to prevent some fields from being modified by non-project/team members. Planned for is modifiable by all roles. However when I attempt to changed planned for when I am not a project/team member it fails and the team advisor shows that permission checks failed on all of the fields which are not modifiable by my role per the process.

Is this expected behavior?

If you don't want everyone to be able to modify the Planned For field, you have to remove that permission from the role labelled "Everyone (default)". This is the default role that all users in the repository automatically have.

permanent link
Daniel Cox (4261168) | answered Sep 13 '10, 6:15 p.m.
To reiterate - planned for is modifiable by everyone in my situation. My problem is that when I change planned for, the save fails process checks listing other fields which I have made *not* modifiable by everyone - and which I have not modified - are the reason for the failure is that those fields have been modified. If I modify other fields modifiable by everyone - and not planned for - then these save is successful.

permanent link
Jared Burns (4.5k29) | answered Sep 16 '10, 12:36 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
On Mon, 13 Sep 2010 22:22:56 +0000, xdcx11 wrote:

To reiterate - planned for is modifiable by everyone in my situation. My
problem is that when I change planned for, the save fails process checks
listing other fields which I have made *not* modifiable by everyone -
and which I have not modified - are the reason for the failure is that
those fields have been modified. If I modify other fields modifiable by
everyone - and not planned for - then these save is successful.

You'll have to provide more details. When you change the planned for
field, what other fields are being changed? Specifically, what actions
are you being told you can't perform?

- Jared
--------------------
Jazz Team Process

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.