It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC-RQM C/ALM integration

mariella corbacio (2121) | asked May 11 '10, 12:35 p.m.
I'm working on a project having the RTC-RQM C/ALM integration activated and I'm having a problem with my client. The integration correctly work and it's used for example in order to open defects from RQM or access the Project Repository from RTC client interface.
I'd like, from RTC client, to link a Task to one or more Test Cases already existing on RQM, but if I go on the Links tab of a Task and I select Add, in the menu I don't see the Tested By Test Cases entry as expected.
Many thanks in advance for any help
Mariella

8 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.4k33646) | answered May 11 '10, 1:44 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Marielle,

I understand you can go from RQM to RTC. Is it the same RTC project you are going out from? Have you set up the integration from RTC to RQM for the project area you are trying to go out? Can you see the link type in the project area editor?

I have also seen sometimes the cross linking only working in one direction because of setup issues. Are there any work items in the RTC project are connected to RQM and can you navigate from those to RQM?

Just a thought,

Ralph

I'm working on a project having the RTC-RQM C/ALM integration activated and I'm having a problem with my client. The integration correctly work and it's used for example in order to open defects from RQM or access the Project Repository from RTC client interface.
I'd like, from RTC client, to link a Task to one or more Test Cases already existing on RQM, but if I go on the Links tab of a Task and I select Add, in the menu I don't see the Tested By Test Cases entry as expected.
Mariella

permanent link
mariella corbacio (2121) | answered May 12 '10, 6:13 a.m.
Hi Marielle,

I understand you can go from RQM to RTC. Is it the same RTC project you are going out from? Have you set up the integration from RTC to RQM for the project area you are trying to go out? Can you see the link type in the project area editor?

I have also seen sometimes the cross linking only working in one direction because of setup issues. Are there any work items in the RTC project are connected to RQM and can you navigate from those to RQM?

Just a thought,

Ralph

Mariella

permanent link
mariella corbacio (2121) | answered May 12 '10, 6:22 a.m.
Hi Ralph, here are the answers to your questions:

1) Is it the same RTC project you are going out from --> Yes, it's the same project

2) Have you set up the integration from RTC to RQM for the project area you are trying to go out? --> Yes, the connections seem to work correctly (for example, I open defects from RQM interface in the Execution record context, and the defects are correctly created in the RTC; again, from task in RTC, I can jump to the related Test Cases on RQM, via the Links tab in RTC Task and Tested By Test Case choice (but I cannot add new test cases here, because from the Add choices, I don't see the "Tested By Test Case" entry, and this is exactly my problem)

3) Can you see the link type in the project area editor? ---> Yes, in the Project Editor Area I see "Tested By" and this is the only entry in the Link Type table

4) Are there any work items in the RTC project are connected to RQM and can you navigate from those to RQM? --> Yes, as said before, the connection seems to work in both directions

Many thanks for your help
Mariella

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.4k33646) | answered May 12 '10, 9:55 a.m.
Mariella,

so you say: The link to RQM is configured in the Project Area Editor, on the Tab "Links". If you click on the Service Provider, does RQM come up in the We Browser and can you log in?

You don't however see the Link Type on the Links tab of the work item?

I think that the new link type creation selection should be available once the integration was set up and the workitem was created for the project supporting the link. I think I remember actually I had it displayed once but the connection from RTC to RQM was not setup correctly and I just couldn't create a link.

Not sure what could be wrong here, I'd suggest to call support.

Ralph

1) Is it the same RTC project you are going out from --> Yes, it's the same project

2) Have you set up the integration from RTC to RQM for the project area you are trying to go out? --> Yes, the connections seem to work correctly (for example, I open defects from RQM interface in the Execution record context, and the defects are correctly created in the RTC; again, from task in RTC, I can jump to the related Test Cases on RQM, via the Links tab in RTC Task and Tested By Test Case choice (but I cannot add new test cases here, because from the Add choices, I don't see the "Tested By Test Case" entry, and this is exactly my problem)

3) Can you see the link type in the project area editor? ---> Yes, in the Project Editor Area I see "Tested By" and this is the only entry in the Link Type table

4) Are there any work items in the RTC project are connected to RQM and can you navigate from those to RQM? --> Yes, as said before, the connection seems to work in both directions

Mariella

permanent link
mariella corbacio (2121) | answered May 13 '10, 1:08 p.m.
The situation is exactly as you described. Please, could you give me a contact point for this item? I haven't any idea about how fixing this problem.
Many thanks
Mariella

Mariella,

so you say: The link to RQM is configured in the Project Area Editor, on the Tab "Links". If you click on the Service Provider, does RQM come up in the We Browser and can you log in?

I think that the new link type creation selection should be available once the integration was set up and the workitem was created for the project supporting the link. I think I remember actually I had it displayed once but the connection from RTC to RQM was not setup correctly and I just couldn't create a link.

Ralph

Mariella

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.4k33646) | answered May 14 '10, 2:32 a.m.
Hi Mariella,

I'd suggest to look here for contacts and filing an electronic ticket assuming the product is under support.

http://www-947.ibm.com/support/entry/portal/Overview/Software/Rational/Rational_brand_support_%28general%29

Ralph

The situation is exactly as you described. Please, could you give me a contact point for this item? I haven't any idea about how fixing this problem.
Many thanks
Mariella

Mariella,

Ralph

Mariella

permanent link
Belinda Spachta (53187) | answered May 17 '10, 8:11 a.m.
Actually I had the same problem today. When I wanted to add new links, there was no "tested by" and "implemented by" available. I uninstalled my RTC Client 2001 and installed the Client RTC 2002 and opened the repository connections - and could see/do the links to rqm (and also rrc)

permanent link
mariella corbacio (2121) | answered May 17 '10, 11:16 a.m.
I solved by installing the latest RTC client.
Thanks very much to Ralph and Belinda for their suggestions.
Ciao
Mariella

Actually I had the same problem today. When I wanted to add new links, there was no "tested by" and "implemented by" available. I uninstalled my RTC Client 2001 and installed the Client RTC 2002 and opened the repository connections - and could see/do the links to rqm (and also rrc)

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.