It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Implicit New TER creation, can it be stopped??

Homer Pope (15812226) | asked Aug 30 '10, 11:35 a.m.
Hello,
When I change the execution properties for test cases in a test suite (e.g. MileStone), RQM creates a new TER with a status of Not Run without an associated test script.

How can I prevent this from happening? Am I doing something wrong?

Steps to reproduce:
1. Open any test suite
2. Click Test Cases
3. Change execution properties of all test cases (e.g. Milestone, Environment)
4. From Main Menu, Execution ->View TERs. The TERs with a status of No Results found are listed.

Thanks,
Homer

2 answers

permanent link
Kurtis Martin (1.4k11) | answered Aug 30 '10, 5:25 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Everything that gets ran needs an Execution Record. Pre-RQM 3.0, the TERs were being created when a test suite was saved. To the best of my knowledge there is no way to prevent this. Starting with RQM 3.0 the creation of the TERs used by a test suite, is delayed until execution time. For RQM 3.0 the TERs will not be created when a test suite is saved. Only when a test suite is executed and only if an existing TER doesn't already exist with the specified case/configuration/plan/milestone.

permanent link
Homer Pope (15812226) | answered Sep 01 '10, 9:13 a.m.
Thanks Kurt.
Appreciate the response.

Everything that gets ran needs an Execution Record. Pre-RQM 3.0, the TERs were being created when a test suite was saved. To the best of my knowledge there is no way to prevent this. Starting with RQM 3.0 the creation of the TERs used by a test suite, is delayed until execution time. For RQM 3.0 the TERs will not be created when a test suite is saved. Only when a test suite is executed and only if an existing TER doesn't already exist with the specified case/configuration/plan/milestone.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.