It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Migration from TM to RQM

Karen Steele (1.2k2135139) | asked Apr 13 '09, 12:35 p.m.
I have successfully migrated data from Rational Test Manager to RQM - however, a query.

On the scripts developed in TM, we had a column for description and one for expected results. I had expected (similar to migration to RMT from TM) that the expected results column would be truncated and applied after the description in the same step line. it doesn't .. we appear to be missing the actual expected results column entirely. Was this intentional or a bug ?

2 answers

permanent link
Pramod Chandoria (2.1k11220) | answered Apr 13 '09, 10:06 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi There,
Thanks for bringing this issue in our notice.
The obvious reason we did not migrate other columns of manual script from TM to RQM was, there was no corresponding column in RQM. There is also "note" column. As you are suggesting for merging all columns into one description column, it sounds good to migrate information somehow, but at the same time the migrated script may look clumsy. However we can make this feature optional for what all other columns to be merged during migation.
We will try to address this issue in next release.

Thanks

permanent link
Karen Steele (1.2k2135139) | answered Apr 14 '09, 10:24 a.m.
Hi There,
Thanks for bringing this issue in our notice.
The obvious reason we did not migrate other columns of manual script from TM to RQM was, there was no corresponding column in RQM. There is also "note" column. As you are suggesting for merging all columns into one description column, it sounds good to migrate information somehow, but at the same time the migrated script may look clumsy. However we can make this feature optional for what all other columns to be merged during migation.
We will try to address this issue in next release.

Thanks

I think the option to ask what columns should be migrated would be the "best solution" ..

I agree it did somewhat make quite a mess of the new scripts in RMT when converted from TM ...;0)

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.