It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Best way to update DB?

Bill Miner (61103) | asked Aug 25 '10, 5:50 p.m.
I want to move the contents of our "production" Derby DB to a "Development" Oracle DB.

The Oracle DB is up and running in another instance of RTC. I want to be able to update this DB with the current Derby DB contends from time to time.

My options are with the Repotools: the -copy function or the -export/-import meathods. What works best for this? Or does it matter?

Thanks,
Bill

2 answers

permanent link
Anthony Kesterton (7.5k9180136) | answered Aug 26 '10, 5:49 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I want to move the contents of our "production" Derby DB to a "Development" Oracle DB.

The Oracle DB is up and running in another instance of RTC. I want to be able to update this DB with the current Derby DB contends from time to time.

My options are with the Repotools: the -copy function or the -export/-import meathods. What works best for this? Or does it matter?

Thanks,
Bill

Hi Bill

There is no way (currently) to add the content of one repository to another as a "merge". You could overwrite the existing content (effectively delete the "development" database and create a new one with the data from the production DB) - but suspect that is not what you want.

If you can create a work item for this here on jazz.net (use the Development menu to Submit a Bug) and describe what you want to do, that would be most helpful (even better if you post the work item # here too :-)

regards
anthony

permanent link
Bill Miner (61103) | answered Sep 09 '10, 4:51 p.m.

Hi Bill

There is no way (currently) to add the content of one repository to another as a "merge". You could overwrite the existing content (effectively delete the "development" database and create a new one with the data from the production DB) - but suspect that is not what you want.

If you can create a work item for this here on jazz.net (use the Development menu to Submit a Bug) and describe what you want to do, that would be most helpful (even better if you post the work item # here too :-)

regards
anthony

Thanks Anthony,

No, we actually have no need of a merge at this time. I was able to do my stuff with the repotools -import and -export.

Thanks,
Bill

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.