It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

In RTC server jazz.log file not getting updated

Narayanan Potti (27037679) | asked Aug 19 '10, 4:22 p.m.
My environment: Jazz Team Server 2.0.0.2 iFix 2 on Windows Server 2003 SP2. Database: Oracle 10g, application server: Apache Tomcat.

In the RTC server jazz.log file located at <RTC>\server\logs is not getting updated. Time stamp of this file is 5/20/2010 around the date when I updated Jazz Team Server from 2.0.0.1 to 2.0.0.2. RTC server was restarted several times after the update was completed.

Is this a known issue ? Can someone please help me with this ?

Thank You
NP

One answer

permanent link
Walter Mansur (63613017) | answered Aug 19 '10, 4:47 p.m.
Hi NP,

We also have noticed this happening with the jazz.log file after upgrading to RTC v2.0.0.2 with iFix2. Our log files are under tomcat\server\logs. There is a file named stdout_<some_recent_date>.log in this folder. It's been there all along (in fact, there are several "stdout" files with different dates in that folder), and we have used this file to supply IBM Rational RTC developers with information related to various issues that we have come across in the past. It appears that this "stdout" file gets regenerated with a new date after the RTC service (or server) has been restarted.

I understand that on Windows servers there is a jazz.log file that is also located under C:\Windows\system32. We can only get that file by going through IT Network Services here. However, it has been a long time since we have had to get that file. Providing the latest "stdout" file has been sufficient for us to get any issues looked at and resolved by the RTC development team.

I don't think that this is an "issue". It appears that the "stdout" files are becoming the "log" files for the RTC server. Maybe this is an undocumented functionality?

-Walter

My environment: Jazz Team Server 2.0.0.2 iFix 2 on Windows Server 2003 SP2. Database: Oracle 10g, application server: Apache Tomcat.

In the RTC server jazz.log file located at <RTC>\server\logs is not getting updated. Time stamp of this file is 5/20/2010 around the date when I updated Jazz Team Server from 2.0.0.1 to 2.0.0.2. RTC server was restarted several times after the update was completed.

Is this a known issue ? Can someone please help me with this ?

Thank You
NP

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.