It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTCz V3 M7A - creating a setupxml to create z extensions

Donald Poulin (2249119107) | asked Aug 04 '10, 10:54 a.m.
I am working on a XML script very similar to the setuprtcz one supplied in the samples. One of the translators I created uses a TSO exec and not a "Called program - dataset definition". Here is how one of the "called program ones get defined in the script -

<ld:translator name="COBOL compilation (CICS)" dataSetDefinition="COBOL compiler"

So for a "TSO command/exec" where the command/member is --

EXEC 'POULIND.RTXZV3M7.ZEXEC(TREX)' 'DB2Y,${teamz.scm.dataset.prefix}.BINDSTM@{source.member},@{source.member}'

How do you define/code that in the xml script?

2 answers

permanent link
Guy Slade (64158) | answered Aug 10 '10, 4:41 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I am working on a XML script very similar to the setuprtcz one supplied in the samples. One of the translators I created uses a TSO exec and not a "Called program - dataset definition". Here is how one of the "called program ones get defined in the script -

<ld:translator name="COBOL compilation (CICS)" dataSetDefinition="COBOL compiler"

So for a "TSO command/exec" where the command/member is --

EXEC 'POULIND.RTXZV3M7.ZEXEC(TREX)' 'DB2Y,${teamz.scm.dataset.prefix}.BINDSTM@{source.member},@{source.member}'

How do you define/code that in the xml script?

Hi Don,
Here is an example. I think you can get what you want from it

<ld>
<ld>
<ld>
</ld>

permanent link
Guy Slade (64158) | answered Aug 10 '10, 5:58 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hmmm... well that last post didn't turn out so well..... how about this instead...

ld:translator name="TOUPPER" callMethod="2"
commandMember="EXEC '${teamz.scm.dataset.prefix}.REXX(TOUPPER)'" maxRC="0"
/ld:translator

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.