It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Need help to Install Jazz Server

Norbert Kurz (622) | asked Mar 17 '08, 12:10 p.m.
Hi,

I have to work with the RTC and JAZZ plattform, for my studies.
So I Downloaded it from the page and Installed the RTC Client and started reading the Tutorial.

My problem is now that I just got a normal Notebook, to work with and I need to Install a Server, but I dont know how(windows user), I wanted to ask if there is someone who can help me, to get me started, its just a theroratical thing, so I dont have to develop software on it I should just test it, and to write down the Benefits of Jazz, to make it represantable for future clients.

Summary: I have to work with RTC on one Notebook, but to get the benefit of it I have to connect to a Jazz Server, but I dont know how to Install the Server.

I'm in first Semester and thats why im not the IT pro I'm still learning :)

Thank you for your help

2 answers

permanent link
Robert Connell (116) | answered Mar 17 '08, 1:09 p.m.
Hi,

Assuming you are using the latest version (M5a), to install the server, just unzip and launch the server.startup.bat file.

From the setup guide (https://jazz.net/downloads/DownloadDocument.jsp?href=milestones/data/0.6M5a/server-install/index.html):

Starting and Stopping the Server

The Jazz server distribution includes everything you need if you plan to use the embedded tomcat server.

Starting and Stopping Tomcat

You are now ready to start the Tomcat server. Tomcat 5.5.x has been pre-installed to /jazz/server/tomcat. The Jazz web application (jazz.war) has been installed in Tomcat's /webapps directory. Open a command window and set your current path to /jazz/server. The server startup and shutdown scripts are located in this directory.

permanent link
Norbert Kurz (622) | answered Mar 18 '08, 5:00 a.m.
Thank you,

now the Tomcat is running, when I type localhost:9080 in my webbrowser it starts the Tomcat side.

Bute when I want to connect with RTC to start a new project this error message appears:
connection error: return code 404 from http request:
/jazz/service/com.imb.team.repository.common.internal.IRepositoryRemoteService

and I dont know what he wants,

so if somebody can help me it would be nice :)

thanks

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.