It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

how to change a outgoing/suspend folder to a unsolved folder

jiangfan shi (7613) | asked Jul 22 '10, 2:17 p.m.
is that possible?

Thanks.

Jiangfan

4 answers

permanent link
John Camelon (1.7k14) | answered Jul 22 '10, 11:02 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
is that possible?

Thanks.

Jiangfan

Not easily. Why do you want to do this?

JohnC
SCM Server

permanent link
jiangfan shi (7613) | answered Jul 23 '10, 9:54 a.m.
is that possible?

Thanks.

Jiangfan

JohnC
SCM Server

When I want to modify files in an outgoing folder,then I think the files should not be in an outgoing folder, and it's better I put them back to unsolved folder to make all changes. After that, I can re-check modified files into an outgoing folder again to deliver them.

Just a thought.

Another question is what a suspend folder is? why do we use it?

Thanks,
Jiangfan

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Jul 24 '10, 2:43 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,

unresolved changes are not checked in - they live on your local machine only. You check them in and they are outgoing in your private repository workspace on the server.

If you want to back out changes for instance to do changes and keep these changes separate, you can suspend the changes. This pulls the source code changes out and stores them as suspended on the server.

You can then do other changes, check them in and deliver. Once you want to work on the suspended changes again, you resume them and they are pulled back in.

I assume that is what you had in mind initially.

Ralph

is that possible?

Thanks.

Jiangfan

JohnC
SCM Server

When I want to modify files in an outgoing folder,then I think the files should not be in an outgoing folder, and it's better I put them back to unsolved folder to make all changes. After that, I can re-check modified files into an outgoing folder again to deliver them.

Just a thought.

Thanks,
Jiangfan

permanent link
jiangfan shi (7613) | answered Jul 26 '10, 9:36 a.m.
Thanks for the explanation, Ralph.

That is what I thought.

Best,

Jiangfan

Hi,

unresolved changes are not checked in - they live on your local machine only. You check them in and they are outgoing in your private repository workspace on the server.

If you want to back out changes for instance to do changes and keep these changes separate, you can suspend the changes. This pulls the source code changes out and stores them as suspended on the server.

You can then do other changes, check them in and deliver. Once you want to work on the suspended changes again, you resume them and they are pulled back in.

I assume that is what you had in mind initially.

Ralph

is that possible?

Thanks.

Jiangfan

JohnC
SCM Server

Just a thought.

Thanks,
Jiangfan

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.