It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Add multiple testscripts ina testcase using WordImporter?

Sonya Majors (611) | asked Jul 21 '10, 4:09 p.m.
I would lke to import multiple test scripts to 1 test case using the Word Importer. Is this possible? If anyone has the correct .cfg syntax to do this please share! Thanks.

3 answers

permanent link
Simon Norrington (311109) | answered Jul 22 '10, 5:27 a.m.
I would lke to import multiple test scripts to 1 test case using the Word Importer. Is this possible? If anyone has the correct .cfg syntax to do this please share! Thanks.

The cfg file format will depend on the nature of the test scripts (ie how they are written). A cfg that works for me, won't necessarily work for you.

Have you looked at the samples that come with the WordImport tool?

permanent link
Sonya Majors (611) | answered Jul 22 '10, 9:23 a.m.

The cfg file format will depend on the nature of the test scripts (ie how they are written). A cfg that works for me, won't necessarily work for you.

Have you looked at the samples that come with the WordImport tool?

Yes, but they are limited. I can import multiple scripts within one file, but it assigns them each their own test case (one to one). I can do it with the Excel format just fine. However, we have a ton of test cases with multiple scripts already written in Word. I was hoping to create a cfg file that used this existing format.

I am looking for just the syntax. I know I will need to structure the cfg file to fit my specific Word document, but I haven't been able to figure out how to do a one case to many script format using the WordImporter.

permanent link
sandip raikar (1161813) | answered Aug 13 '10, 5:13 a.m.
Hi Sonya,

You just mentioned above that you knew a way to import two or more test scripts that are mapped to a single test case using the RQM EXCEL importer. Please can you share the command you used to achieve this in the .cfg file?

Thanks,
Sandip.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.