It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Rational Common Reporting download?

Claudia Callegari (44449871) | asked Jul 20 '10, 1:17 p.m.
Is RCR available for RQM 1.0.1.1? if so, can you guide me to the link?
I am not able to see this on the downloads...
Thanks
-- Claudia Callegari

10 answers

permanent link
Claudia Callegari (44449871) | answered Jul 21 '10, 11:08 a.m.
Sorry to follow up this... but I would need to confirm if I have RCR available for RQM 1.x to create a custom report for RQM data.
Thanks
-- Claudia Callegari

permanent link
Patrick Van Zandt (1.2k1) | answered Jul 22 '10, 12:00 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Sorry to follow up this... but I would need to confirm if I have RCR available for RQM 1.x to create a custom report for RQM data.
Thanks
-- Claudia Callegari

Hi Claudia,

There was no reporting server in RQM 1.x, and the reporting solutions packaged with 2.x with NOT work with an RQM 1.x server. You will need to upgrade to 2.0.0.1 or higher (we recommend 2.0.1 iFix03) to use Rational Common Reporting.

Out of curiousity...is there anything in particular preventing you from moving to the current RQM release?

-Patrick

permanent link
Roisin O'Donovan (11) | answered Jul 22 '10, 11:16 a.m.
We have just started to migrate to RQM and finding it difficult to get support...

anyhow - from where can I download the RCR tool?

permanent link
Claudia Callegari (44449871) | answered Jul 22 '10, 3:29 p.m.
Hi Patrick,

Thanks for the confirmation. That was my suspicion.
Regarding upgrading to a higher version of RQM, my customer has some dependencies to do that at this moment. I will be extremely happy when they can. Thanks again.
-- Claudia

permanent link
Patrick Van Zandt (1.2k1) | answered Jul 22 '10, 3:37 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
We have just started to migrate to RQM and finding it difficult to get support...

The RCR install disks are available where you downloaded your RQM install disks (RCR ships with RCR). In most cases, that is either the "All Downloads" tab of the product download page on Jazz.net or IBM Passport Advantage Online.

Before deploying RCR I recommend carefully reviewing the relevant articles in the product documentation. You should also take a look at the reporting built in to the RQM server; you may find that the built-in reports are sufficient and this will save you the time and resources to deploy a separate reporting server.

-Patrick

permanent link
Claudia Callegari (44449871) | answered Jul 22 '10, 3:39 p.m.
Roisin,
You can download Common Reporting in the same way you download the RQM releases. It's a separate download listed on the same page.
Go to:
https://jazz.net/downloads/rational-quality-manager/

Then select the release you are working with, and when you move into that page you will see a section named "Common Reporting" (or similar), where you will be able to find the appropriate links.
Hope this helps,

-- Claudia Callegari

permanent link
Roisin O'Donovan (11) | answered Jul 23 '10, 7:13 a.m.
Roisin,
You can download Common Reporting in the same way you download the RQM releases. It's a separate download listed on the same page.
Go to:
https://jazz.net/downloads/rational-quality-manager/

Then select the release you are working with, and when you move into that page you will see a section named "Common Reporting" (or similar), where you will be able to find the appropriate links.
Hope this helps,

-- Claudia Callegari

Thanks for your responses. However RCR (or any mention of a report tool) is not listed in the downloads page. :cry:

permanent link
jason may (4133) | answered Oct 12 '10, 2:17 p.m.
not sur ewhether we need RCR or just haven't got the rights to change the exisiting vanialla reports offered in RQM.

Want to add the description of test cases to Req traceability report so it shows more detail, not just the title.

perhaps this is only possible with a specific user but our admin user says he can't do it either!

permanent link
jason may (4133) | answered Oct 12 '10, 2:20 p.m.
not sure whether we need RCR or just haven't got the rights to change the exisiting vanialla reports offered in RQM.

Want to add the description of test cases to Req traceability report so it shows more detail, not just the title.

perhaps this is only possible with a specific user but our admin user says he can't do it either!

permanent link
Robin Wood (6) | answered Jan 21 '11, 4:08 p.m.

You might find the article "Guide for migration from Rational TestManager to Rational Quality Manager" helpful:
https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/rational/library/10/migration-guide-from-test-manager-to-quality-manager/index.html

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.