It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

What is the file format for importing users?

Chris Kolde (2172) | asked Jul 19 '10, 2:48 p.m.
I need to import a list of users into the RTC server. Is the file format for the .CSV file documented somewhere?

I am looking for the columns, their order, allowed values, etc. According to the documentation, I should be able to assign Jazz permissions, client license types, and specify whether the user is active or an archived user.

Thanks in advance!

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Jul 19 '10, 3:36 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,

the best way to find that out is to export the users once. I am not sure there is a documentation. Here is what I see:

bill,Bill,bill@jazz.example.com,[com.ibm.team.rtc.contributor],[JazzUsers],0
bob,Bob,bob@jazz.example.com,[com.ibm.team.rtc.contributor],[JazzUsers],0
jazzy,Jerry Jazz,jazzy@example.jazz.net,[com.ibm.team.rtc.developer],[JazzDWAdmins;JazzUsers;JazzGuests;JazzAdmins],0

That comes down to userID,UserName,e-mail,license,roles

I am not sure what the last column is. You can probably leave it out.

Ralph

I need to import a list of users into the RTC server. Is the file format for the .CSV file documented somewhere?

I am looking for the columns, their order, allowed values, etc. According to the documentation, I should be able to assign Jazz permissions, client license types, and specify whether the user is active or an archived user.

Thanks in advance!

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.