It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Team Area assigned when creating a work item in Eclipse Way

Maria-Jose Arbulu Barturen (63104) | asked Dec 03 '09, 4:09 a.m.
I am working with RTC v 2.0.

I created a Project Area with the Eclipse Way template.

When creating a new defect, by default RTC assigns a Team Area to the defect. As far as I have checked, RTC assigns the first Team Area that was created, that is the created when creating the Project Area.

There is an icon that allows to change the defect to another Project Area, but I have not seen a way to change the Team Area.

Is it possible to choose which Team Area to assign to the defect or to change it?

Any hint will be appreciated.

2 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.4k33646) | answered Dec 03 '09, 4:24 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,

to get different choices to file work items against different teams you would create categories and assign them to teams.
To do so open the project editor go to the "Work Item Categories" Tab and start creating categories. Associate categories to team. Check the categories to show/hide them for "external" users.

e.g.
project/development/UI associated to the UI team
project/development/core associated to the core team

allows to assign work to the specific team.

Ralph

I am working with RTC v 2.0.

I created a Project Area with the Eclipse Way template.

When creating a new defect, by default RTC assigns a Team Area to the defect. As far as I have checked, RTC assigns the first Team Area that was created, that is the created when creating the Project Area.

There is an icon that allows to change the defect to another Project Area, but I have not seen a way to change the Team Area.

Is it possible to choose which Team Area to assign to the defect or to change it?

Any hint will be appreciated.

permanent link
Maria-Jose Arbulu Barturen (63104) | answered Dec 22 '09, 8:25 a.m.
Thanks for your answer, Ralf.

I didnt realize that when you assign the category to the work item, the GUI automatically changes the value in the Team Area field with the name of the team area corresponding to that category.

Nevertheless, if you make a query of work items showing the field team area it appears as n/a for every work item. It seems that RTC does not store the name of the associated team area. But it stores many other fields: such as: project area, category, owner, id, priority, and so on.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.