It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

just update changed files from the command line (lscm)

Jason Dean (1061168) | asked Jul 13 '10, 6:22 a.m.
Hi,

We tend to work on multiple platforms with the same source code. If for example we update the repository workspace from windows and we then go to a linux box and want to JUST load those changes to the unix box.

doing an lscm load will complain about collisions and suggest that you use --force.

If you use --force, you will wipe any files in the local workspace that are not in the repository one, which if you have build that has generated intermediate files you will loose these and be forced to re-build from scratch again.

Is there any way to say "Update files changed since the last time I did a LOAD" ?

Jas

One answer

permanent link
Shashikant Padur (4.2k27) | answered Jul 15 '10, 3:41 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,

We tend to work on multiple platforms with the same source code. If for example we update the repository workspace from windows and we then go to a linux box and want to JUST load those changes to the unix box.

doing an lscm load will complain about collisions and suggest that you use --force.

If you use --force, you will wipe any files in the local workspace that are not in the repository one, which if you have build that has generated intermediate files you will loose these and be forced to re-build from scratch again.

Is there any way to say "Update files changed since the last time I did a LOAD" ?

Jas

If I understand correctly, the same workspace is used across both the platforms. This is not an issue with respect to multiple platforms. You will see the same behavior if you have loaded the same workspace in different directories on a single machine. If you do a commit in one of the directories and go to the other directory and run 'lscm status', scm will complain that the directory is not in sync.
In this case, there is no way to download only the changed files.

In the case of two different repositories (each loaded on different platforms) flowing to a stream, the changes would show up when you run "lscm status" and "lscm accept" will get you the changes.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.