It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

New report creation

Salvatore D'Alò (2121) | asked Jul 07 '10, 8:12 a.m.
Hi,
I have developed a new report using my RTCp eclipse client, which receives a user parameter (a list box filled with a query) and shows work items according to the user input. Actually I successfully see the parameter list box properly filled out and the report correctly built using the Preview tab of the .rptdesign file within the RTCp eclipse client. Instead deploying the report on the Jazz server (running on Windows XP) I get the parameter list box empty with no values when running that report. It seems the query populating the list box did not run or failed anyhow. However, I do not see any error/exception logged within both the Tomcat log and the jazz.log files.

Where can I also look for any errors?

I have also tried stopping and restarting the server after report deployment. What am I missing?

Thanks
Salvatore

4 answers

permanent link
James Moody (3.3k24) | answered Jul 13 '10, 11:39 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
On 7/7/2010 8:23 AM, sdalo wrote:
Hi,
I have developed a new report using my RTCp eclipse client, which
receives a user parameter (a list box filled with a query) and shows
work items according to the user input. Actually I successfully see
the parameter list box properly filled out and the report correctly
built using the Preview tab of the .rptdesign file within the RTCp
eclipse client. Instead deploying the report on the Jazz server
(running on Windows XP) I get the parameter list box empty with no
values when running that report. It seems the query populating the
list box did not run or failed anyhow. However, I do not see any
error/exception logged within both the Tomcat log and the jazz.log
files.

I have also tried stopping and restarting the server after report
deployment. What am I missing?

Thanks
Salvatore

Hi Salvatore,

One thing we often do to debug report behaviour is to drop data sets
directly on the canvas, and run the report. In this case, drop the
parameter data set on the canvas and run, and see what is displayed. We
disable logging of BIRT errors into the jazz log to avoid irrelevant
clutter, but there's currently no way to re-enable this.

Another debugging tip is that you can do
"java.lang.System.out.println()" in your report, and it will go into the
server log - this is a good way to test values or print checkpoints.

james
RTC Reports Team Lead

permanent link
Salvatore D'Alò (2121) | answered Jul 19 '10, 8:28 a.m.
Hi,
receives a user parameter (a list box filled with a query) and shows
files.

Thanks
Salvatore

Hi Salvatore,

parameter data set on the canvas and run, and see what is displayed. We

"java.lang.System.out.println()" in your report, and it will go into the

james
RTC Reports Team Lead

Hi James,
thanks for your response. Could you please better detail the debugging procedure you were suggesting? What do you mean dropping the data sets directly into the canvas?

Thanks again,
Salvatoe

permanent link
James Moody (3.3k24) | answered Jul 20 '10, 11:01 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
On 7/19/2010 8:38 AM, sdalo wrote:
jmoodywrote:
Hi,
receives a user parameter (a list box filled with a query) and
shows
files.

Thanks
Salvatore

Hi Salvatore,

parameter data set on the canvas and run, and see what is displayed.
We

"java.lang.System.out.println()" in your report, and it will
go into the

james
RTC Reports Team Lead

Hi James,
thanks for your response. Could you please better detail the debugging
procedure you were suggesting? What do you mean dropping the data sets
directly into the canvas?

Thanks again,
Salvatoe

Sure. Find a data set in the Data Explorer view. Drag and drop it onto
the Report Designer canvas. This will create a table, with one column
for each column in the data set. Run the report, and you'll get exactly
one row in this table for each row in the data set. In cases where we
use data sets to combine together with other data sets, and then use
them in charts/graphs, it's sometimes helpful just to see exactly what
the data associated with one particular data set is, and this is a
useful way of doing that.

james
RTC Reports Team Lead

permanent link
Salvatore D'Alò (2121) | answered Jul 23 '10, 8:56 a.m.
On 7/19/2010 8:38 AM, sdalo wrote:
jmoodywrote:
Hi,
receives a user parameter (a list box filled with a query) and
shows
files.

Thanks
Salvatore

Hi Salvatore,

parameter data set on the canvas and run, and see what is displayed.
We

"java.lang.System.out.println()" in your report, and it will
go into the

james
RTC Reports Team Lead

Hi James,
thanks for your response. Could you please better detail the debugging
procedure you were suggesting? What do you mean dropping the data sets
directly into the canvas?

Thanks again,
Salvatoe

Sure. Find a data set in the Data Explorer view. Drag and drop it onto
the Report Designer canvas. This will create a table, with one column
for each column in the data set. Run the report, and you'll get exactly
one row in this table for each row in the data set. In cases where we
use data sets to combine together with other data sets, and then use
them in charts/graphs, it's sometimes helpful just to see exactly what
the data associated with one particular data set is, and this is a
useful way of doing that.

james
RTC Reports Team Lead

Thanks James for your reply. Actually, doing that I realized that the following exception was thrown:

Table (id = 66):
- An exception occurred during processing. Please see the following message for details:
Cannot open the connection for the driver: org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc.
Cannot load JDBC Driver class: com.ibm.db2.jcc.DB2Driver.
exception.error ( 1 time(s) )
detail : org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.EngineException: An exception occurred during processing. Please see the following message for details:Cannot open the connection for the driver: org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc.Cannot load JDBC Driver class: com.ibm.db2.jcc.DB2Driver. at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.executor.ExecutionContext.addException(ExecutionContext.java:1121) at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.executor.ExecutionContext.addException(ExecutionContext.java:1085) at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.executor.QueryItemExecutor.executeQuery(QueryItemExecutor.java:88) at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.executor.TableItemExecutor.execute(TableItemExecutor.java:62) at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.internal.executor.dup.SuppressDuplicateItemExecutor.execute(SuppressDuplicateItemExecutor.java:42) at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.internal.executor.wrap.WrappedReportItemExecutor.execute(WrappedReportItemExecutor.java:45) at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.internal.executor.l18n.LocalizedReportItemExecutor.execute(LocalizedReportItemExecutor.java:33) at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.html.HTMLBlockStackingLM.layoutNodes(HTMLBlockStackingLM.java:63) at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.html.HTMLPageLM.layout(HTMLPageLM.java:90) at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.html.HTMLReportLayoutEngine.layout(HTMLReportLayoutEngine.java:101) at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.RunAndRenderTask.doRun(RunAndRenderTask.java:151) at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.RunAndRenderTask.run(RunAndRenderTask.java:72) at com.ibm.team.reports.service.birt.internal.BirtReportEngineService.internalGetRenderedReport(BirtReportEngineService.java:671) at com.ibm.team.reports.service.birt.internal.BirtReportEngineService.getRenderedReport(BirtReportEngineService.java:298) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:79) at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:618) at org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.record.ExportProxyServiceRecord.invoke(ExportProxyServiceRecord.java:370) at org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.record.ExportProxyServiceRecord.access$0(ExportProxyServiceRecord.java:356) at org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.record.ExportProxyServiceRecord$ExportedServiceInvocationHandler.invoke(ExportProxyServiceRecord.java:56) at $Proxy259.getRenderedReport(Unknown Source) at com.ibm.team.reports.service.internal.InternalReportService.getRenderedReport(InternalReportService.java:1098) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:79) at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:618) at org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.record.ExportProxyServiceRecord.invoke(ExportProxyServiceRecord.java:370) at org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.record.ExportProxyServiceRecord.access$0(ExportProxyServiceRecord.java:356) at org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.record.ExportProxyServiceRecord$ExportedServiceInvocationHandler.invoke(ExportProxyServiceRecord.java:56) at $Proxy212.getRenderedReport(Unknown Source) at com.ibm.team.reports.service.internal.ReportRestService$1.run(ReportRestService.java:421) at com.ibm.team.reports.service.internal.ReportRestService.getRenderedReport(ReportRestService.java:428) at com.ibm.team.reports.service.internal.ReportRestService.postRenderReport(ReportRestService.java:512) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:79) at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:618) at org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.record.ExportProxyServiceRecord.invoke(ExportProxyServiceRecord.java:370) at org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.record.ExportProxyServiceRecord.access$0(ExportProxyServiceRecord.java:356) at org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.record.ExportProxyServiceRecord$ExportedServiceInvocationHandler.invoke(ExportProxyServiceRecord.java:56) at $Proxy216.postRenderReport(Unknown Source) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:79) at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:618) at com.ibm.team.repository.servlet.AbstractTeamServerServlet.doModelledRestService(AbstractTeamServerServlet.java:571) at com.ibm.team.repository.servlet.AbstractTeamServerServlet.handleRequest2(AbstractTeamServerServlet.java:1771) at com.ibm.team.repository.servlet.AbstractTeamServerServlet.handleRequest(AbstractTeamServerServlet.java:1642) at com.ibm.team.repository.servlet.AbstractTeamServerServlet.service(AbstractTeamServerServlet.java:1555) at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:729) at org.eclipse.equinox.http.registry.internal.ServletManager$ServletWrapper.service(ServletManager.java:180) at org.eclipse.equinox.http.servlet.internal.ServletRegistration.handleRequest(ServletRegistration.java:90) at org.eclipse.equinox.http.servlet.internal.ProxyServlet.processAlias(ProxyServlet.java:111) at org.eclipse.equinox.http.servlet.internal.ProxyServlet.service(ProxyServlet.java:75) at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:729) at org.eclipse.equinox.servletbridge.BridgeServlet.service(BridgeServlet.java:121) at com.ibm.team.repository.server.servletbridge.JazzServlet.service(JazzServlet.java:54) at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:729) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:269) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:188) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:213) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:172) at org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:525) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:127) at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:117) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:108) at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:174) at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:873) at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11BaseProtocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Http11BaseProtocol.java:665) at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.processSocket(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:528) at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.runIt(LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.java:81) at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:689) at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:811)Caused by: org.eclipse.birt.report.data.adapter.api.AdapterException: An exception occurred during processing. Please see the following message for details:Cannot open the connection for the driver: org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc.Cannot load JDBC Driver class: com.ibm.db2.jcc.DB2Driver. at org.eclipse.birt.report.data.adapter.impl.DataRequestSessionImpl.execute(DataRequestSessionImpl.java:493) at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.data.dte.DteDataEngine.doExecuteQuery(DteDataEngine.java:115) at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.data.dte.AbstractDataEngine.execute(AbstractDataEngine.java:253) at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.executor.ExecutionContext.executeQuery(ExecutionContext.java:1755) at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.executor.QueryItemExecutor.executeQuery(QueryItemExecutor.java:77) ... 71 moreCaused by: org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.core.DataException: Cannot open the connection for the driver: org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc.Cannot load JDBC Driver class: com.ibm.db2.jcc.DB2Driver. at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.odaconsumer.ConnectionManager.openConnection(ConnectionManager.java:169) at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.executor.DataSource.newConnection(DataSource.java:236) at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.executor.DataSource.open(DataSource.java:223) at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.impl.DataSourceRuntime.openOdiDataSource(DataSourceRuntime.java:209) at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.impl.QueryExecutor.openDataSource(QueryExecutor.java:390) at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.impl.QueryExecutor.prepareExecution(QueryExecutor.java:309) at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.impl.PreparedQuery.doPrepare(PreparedQuery.java:498) at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.impl.PreparedDataSourceQuery.produceQueryResults(PreparedDataSourceQuery.java:189) at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.impl.PreparedDataSourceQuery.execute(PreparedDataSourceQuery.java:177) at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.impl.PreparedOdaDSQuery.execute(PreparedOdaDSQuery.java:143) at org.eclipse.birt.report.data.adapter.impl.DataRequestSessionImpl.execute(DataRequestSessionImpl.java:482) ... 75 moreCaused by: org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc.JDBCException: Cannot load JDBC Driver class: com.ibm.db2.jcc.DB2Driver. at org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc.JDBCDriverManager.findDriver(JDBCDriverManager.java:693) at org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc.JDBCDriverManager.loadAndRegisterDriver(JDBCDriverManager.java:816) at org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc.JDBCDriverManager.doConnect(JDBCDriverManager.java:213) at org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc.JDBCDriverManager.getConnection(JDBCDriverManager.java:179) at org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc.Connection.connectByUrl(Connection.java:220) at org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc.Connection.open(Connection.java:151) at org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.oda.consumer.helper.OdaConnection.open(OdaConnection.java:235) at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.odaconsumer.ConnectionManager.openConnection(ConnectionManager.java:157) ... 85 more

How can I fix it?

I tried also stopping and restarting the server once the report template got deployed. Even, I removed the tomcat cache before restarting.

Please advice. Thanks

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.