It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Database and tables damaged

Roberto Mosqueda (2652) | asked Jul 01 '10, 10:12 a.m.
Hello all, have someone had the following problem before?:

Today when I tried to login in RQM the following message is displayed:

You have successfully logged into Rational Quality Manager, but the server appears to be in a bad state.

ERROR: CRJAZ1061I The database is responding, but the Jazz repository schemas and tables cannot be found. Check that the database JDBC location is correct. If this is a new database, stop the server and use the "repotools" command to create the tables.

It seems like when saving some data the data base was damaged.

3 answers

permanent link
John Nason (2.4k1012) | answered Jul 01 '10, 2:55 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hello,
Have you done a RQM upgrade?

Shut down the server, go to <install>/server, and run "repotools -verify". What happens? What's the output?

Are you using the built-in Derby DB, DB2, other? Is there a DBA? Have you talked to this person about any potential operations that may have gone on?

If you connect to the DB configured via JDBC in teamserver.properties and run the SQL "show tables;", what happens?

I have yet to hear of any spontaneous DB corruption.

Regards,
John Nason
RQM Development

Hello all, have someone had the following problem before?:

Today when I tried to login in RQM the following message is displayed:

You have successfully logged into Rational Quality Manager, but the server appears to be in a bad state.

ERROR: CRJAZ1061I The database is responding, but the Jazz repository schemas and tables cannot be found. Check that the database JDBC location is correct. If this is a new database, stop the server and use the "repotools" command to create the tables.

It seems like when saving some data the data base was damaged.

permanent link
Roberto Mosqueda (2652) | answered Jul 08 '10, 11:57 a.m.
Thanks for your response John, I found the problem, it was that while saving some configurations, the teamserver.properties file was corrupted, and the values to connect to the DB (DB2 in my case) were deleted, so I added again all the configuration parameters to the teamserver.properties file, and all worked correctly again :).

permanent link
Saurabh Malhotra (6) | answered Jul 21 '10, 9:26 a.m.
Thanks guys, this post really helped me out.

I had the same error message after I did an upgrade from 2.0 to 2.0.1 iFix5.

I was unable to log into the project and the admin UI reported "ERROR: CRJAZ1061I The database is responding, but the Jazz repository schemas and tables cannot be found. Check that the database JDBC location is correct. If this is a new database, stop the server and use the "repotools" command to create the tables."

The issue turned out to be similar to Roberto's issue. The teamserver.properties file appeared to be corrupted, lots of extra lines / characters than originally there. Luckily I had a back up of the file. Once I restored the backup everything was up and running again.

John, I still have a copy of the teamserver.properties file that wasn't working if you want to see it.

Regards,
Saurabh Malhotra

Thanks for your response John, I found the problem, it was that while saving some configurations, the teamserver.properties file was corrupted, and the values to connect to the DB (DB2 in my case) were deleted, so I added again all the configuration parameters to the teamserver.properties file, and all worked correctly again :).

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.