It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Allowing member of different teams to create work items

Mark Yamashita (111310) | asked Jun 27 '10, 11:13 a.m.
When our team upgraded to RTC 2, the new permission settings prevented members of team X from creating work items for team Y. Is there some setting I can alter that would allow anyone in the project area to create work items for any team?

Thanks,
Mark

p.s. Apologies if this has been answered somewhere else; I didn't find anything.

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Jun 28 '10, 2:22 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Mark,

please review your process configuration. Open the project area e.g. in the eclipse client. Go to the process configuration tab. In Configuration Data you can modify the Team Configuration and the Project configuration (permissions and operational behavior).
In your case I'd check the Team Configuration>Permissions
For a given role (e.g. Everyone) scroll down to Work Item. You probably want to check "Save Workitem" and all its sub-nodes.

Ralph

When our team upgraded to RTC 2, the new permission settings prevented members of team X from creating work items for team Y. Is there some setting I can alter that would allow anyone in the project area to create work items for any team?

Thanks,
Mark

p.s. Apologies if this has been answered somewhere else; I didn't find anything.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.