It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is it possible to move workitems from one Project Area (on server A) to another Project Area (on server b) in 5.0.2

Aparna Sukumaran (333660) | asked Aug 12 '16, 4:53 p.m.
Is it possible to move workitems from one Project Area (on server A) to another Project Area (on server b) in 5.0.2

Accepted answer

permanent link
sam detweiler (12.5k6195201) | answered Aug 13 '16, 10:49 p.m.
A coworker and I wrote a utility to move projects from one server to another. for the workitems, we used export/import for the grunt work, and then our utility fixed up all the links to things that changed IDs, copied attachments, approvals, etc.. which the product doesn't do.
Ralph Schoon selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Aug 15 '16, 8:09 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Yes, there is no built in capability to move data. It is possible to approach this by using export and import potentially with some post-processing using custom automation.

2 other answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Aug 13 '16, 4:14 a.m.
No. That is not possible in any version of RTC.

Comments
Aparna Sukumaran commented Aug 15 '16, 6:12 p.m.

is this planned for any future release?

Geoffrey Clemm commented Aug 16 '16, 12:10 a.m.

To improve this behavior, I suggest filing explicit enhancement requests against the current export/import behavior.  

sam detweiler commented Aug 16 '16, 8:19 a.m.

He wants Project Move support.. not import/export..

permanent link
Marcin Blacha (146214) | answered Aug 13 '16, 5:29 a.m.

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Aug 15 '16, 8:08 a.m. | edited Aug 15 '16, 8:10 a.m.

I wrote that as an example how work item export and import could be enhanced. It is not production tested and there are issues with it that need to be fixed if it is to be used on a greater scale.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.