It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Rational Team Concert and MS Office Communicator as IM

Ingrid Rantzau de Cerqueira (2631) | asked Jun 25 '10, 8:10 a.m.
I know that we can set RTC to work with Google Talk, Sametime and Jabber. But is it possible to get it to work with MS Office Communicator instead? Some kind of workaround or anything like that?

Are there any plans to get other IM systems to work with RTC in the future?

Best regards,
Ingrid Jrgensen.

3 answers

permanent link
zahi varon (6) | answered Mar 31 '11, 10:20 a.m.
I know that we can set RTC to work with Google Talk, Sametime and Jabber. But is it possible to get it to work with MS Office Communicator instead? Some kind of workaround or anything like that?

Are there any plans to get other IM systems to work with RTC in the future?

Best regards,
Ingrid Jrgensen.

We use MS Office Communicator in our company and whantsto use it as IM with RTC.

can you please Answers the questions above.

permanent link
Manoj Panda (39336662) | answered Apr 01 '11, 3:54 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I think who ever using OSLC(Open Services for Lifecycle Collaboration group) standards then RTC can very well integrate with that IM like google, sametime , jabber etc..

As of now the integration with MS-communicator is not available but its a good idea with integrate because lots of people are using MS-Products.

permanent link
Anthony Kesterton (7.5k7180136) | answered Apr 01 '11, 8:14 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I think who ever using OSLC(Open Services for Lifecycle Collaboration group) standards then RTC can very well integrate with that IM like google, sametime , jabber etc..

As of now the integration with MS-communicator is not available but its a good idea with integrate because lots of people are using MS-Products.

There are work items requesting support for MS Communicator, please add your support to these.

http://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Rational%20Team%20Concert#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=25926

The idea would be to have the same presence awareness as with the supported integrations.

However, if your primary purpose is to pass information around, don't forget the ability to create URL's from just about any RTC element (work items, plans, snapshots, etc) and use *any* IM system to send them to someone. This seems to cover most people's needs.

anthony

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.