It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Can I force scm check-in using None(Binary) as delimiter

Joseph Chang (1552319) | asked Jun 21 '10, 1:32 a.m.
I am trying to check-in a bunch of files with RTC Command Line in Windows client. I found some of the text files originally use '0A' as delimiter has been changed to '0A0D' after check-in. Can I force scm check-in use "None(Binary)" instead of "Platform" as default delimiter?

2 answers

permanent link
Shashikant Padur (4.2k27) | answered Jun 22 '10, 1:43 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
The user customizable file is in <user's home dir>/.jazz-scm/magic.properties. If there isn't one create it. Suppose you want to checkin all *.txt files without any newline conversion (delimiter as none), then you add the following line to the file...
*.txt : delim: none
Valid values for delim are lf, cr, crlf, platform and none.

I am trying to check-in a bunch of files with RTC Command Line in Windows client. I found some of the text files originally use '0A' as delimiter has been changed to '0A0D' after check-in. Can I force scm check-in use "None(Binary)" instead of "Platform" as default delimiter?

permanent link
Joseph Chang (1552319) | answered Jun 22 '10, 6:20 a.m.
Thanks, .jazz-scm/magic.properties does help solve my issue.
:lol:

The user customizable file is in <user's home dir>/.jazz-scm/magic.properties. If there isn't one create it. Suppose you want to checkin all *.txt files without any newline conversion (delimiter as none), then you add the following line to the file...
*.txt : delim: none
Valid values for delim are lf, cr, crlf, platform and none.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.