It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Manage properties of a group of test cases

Yaqian Fang (2013223) | asked Jun 16 '10, 11:51 p.m.
Hi,

I'm using RQM 2.01 with iFix 1, after I created more than 20 test cases, I want to set them ready for review. In order to do that, I have to open each single test case, navigate to Formal Review section, add a reviewer and change the test case state to ready-for-review.

It's a little tedious when you have to repeat the same actions over and over again, not to mention that my test cases are still growing.

So is it possible to manage the a group of test cases' properties in one go? For example, a global properties for all test cases or something similar?

Thank you.

4 answers

permanent link
Phil Rumble (6196) | answered Jun 17 '10, 5:13 p.m.
I, too would like to know it this is possible.

On Thu, 17 Jun 2010 13:37:01 +0000, yfang wrote:

Hi,

I'm using RQM 2.01 with iFix 1, after I created more than 20 test cases,
I want to set them ready for review. In order to do that, I have to open
each single test case, navigate to Formal Review section, add a reviewer
and change the test case state to ready-for-review.

It's a little tedious when you have to repeat the same actions over and
over again, not to mention that my test cases are still growing.

So is it possible to manage the a group of test cases' properties in one
go? For example, a global properties for all test cases or something
similar?

Thank you.

permanent link
Yaqian Fang (2013223) | answered Jun 22 '10, 7:18 p.m.
Anyone knows how to create an enhancement requrest on this? Thanks.

permanent link
John Nason (2.4k1012) | answered Jun 30 '10, 3:54 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hello,
RQM does support bulk update. In the List view (Construction->View Test Cases) you can multi-select or select all. There is a toolbar in the upper right hand corner of the table that allows you to perform certain bulk actions. Additionally, the column headings of certain columns shows an icon that allows you to update that particular value for all items selected. That said, I do not think Formal Reviewers can be set via bulk update.

Enhancements and bugs can be submitted here:
http://jazz.net/jazz02/web/projects/Rational%20Quality%20Manager#action=jazz.viewPage&id=com.ibm.team.workitem

Please be sure to read the guidelines first:
https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/FilingDefects

Thanks,
John Nason
RQM Development

Hi,

I'm using RQM 2.01 with iFix 1, after I created more than 20 test cases, I want to set them ready for review. In order to do that, I have to open each single test case, navigate to Formal Review section, add a reviewer and change the test case state to ready-for-review.

It's a little tedious when you have to repeat the same actions over and over again, not to mention that my test cases are still growing.

So is it possible to manage the a group of test cases' properties in one go? For example, a global properties for all test cases or something similar?

Thank you.

permanent link
Sterling Ferguson-II (1.6k10287273) | answered Jun 30 '10, 4:12 p.m.
We have asked for something almost similar:

Enhancement 25785

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.