It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Update Project's Process Description

Guislain LAGRON (3664) | asked Jun 11 '10, 7:32 p.m.
Hi,

am trying to update an existing project's process description by following these steps (described in the Help):

1. In RMC, publish to Java EE Web application with:
- Web application name: XYZ_UP
- Package format: WAR

2. Zip XYZ_UP.war as processContent.zip

3. In RTC, open project:
3.1 Go to Link tab then attachments, and replace processContent.zip by browsing to the new location of processContent.zip
3.2 Go to Overview tab, then edit Process Description Path to /Costco_UP/index.htm
3.3 Save and wait a while

When I test the Process Description, it returns "This program cannot display the webpage", and I notice that the path is \IBM\rationalsdp\workspace\ProjectName\.metadata\.plugins\com.ibm.team.process.ide.ui\processContent\ProjectName\XYZ_UP\Index.htm, but all I find at that location is the XYZ_UP.war file.

What am I missing?

Thanks for the assistance,

Guislain Lagron
Process Engineer

4 answers

permanent link
Sridevi Sangaiah (59179) | answered Jun 15 '10, 12:46 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,

am trying to update an existing project's process description by following these steps (described in the Help):

1. In RMC, publish to Java EE Web application with:
- Web application name: XYZ_UP
- Package format: WAR

2. Zip XYZ_UP.war as processContent.zip

3. In RTC, open project:
3.1 Go to Link tab then attachments, and replace processContent.zip by browsing to the new location of processContent.zip
3.2 Go to Overview tab, then edit Process Description Path to /Costco_UP/index.htm
3.3 Save and wait a while

When I test the Process Description, it returns "This program cannot display the webpage", and I notice that the path is \IBM\rationalsdp\workspace\ProjectName\.metadata\.plugins\com.ibm.team.process.ide.ui\processContent\ProjectName\XYZ_UP\Index.htm, but all I find at that location is the XYZ_UP.war file.

What am I missing?

Thanks for the assistance,

Guislain Lagron
Process Engineer

Hi,

processContent.zip should directly contain the contents of Process Description rather than the war file.

Thanks,
Sridevi
Jazz Process Team

permanent link
Ricardo Balduino (41264) | answered Jun 15 '10, 5:03 p.m.
Or the index.htm file that is inside processContent.zip could have a redirect to your server, where your deployed/unzipped the xyz_up.war file:

e.g. http://<server_name>:<port>/xyz_up/index.htm

Ricardo
RMC Content Team

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi,

processContent.zip should directly contain the contents of Process Description rather than the war file.

Thanks,
Sridevi
Jazz Process Team

permanent link
Guislain LAGRON (3664) | answered Jun 15 '10, 5:39 p.m.
Hi Ricardo,

I am confused, because Bruce McIsaac demoed at Innovate2010 swapping war files during his ALM-1355B Automating Agile Practices with Rational Team Concert and Method Composer session.

What step am I missing?

Thanks.
Guislain

permanent link
Guislain LAGRON (3664) | answered Jun 17 '10, 2:15 p.m.
FYI.

Published to HMTL, zipped as processContent.zip, and attaching it to project (or process template) worked.

Thanks Ricardo

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.