It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC 3.0 with Notes 8.5 embedded Sametime

Jeff Care (1.0k3833) | asked Jul 20 '12, 2:12 p.m.
I used Notes 8.5 with the embedded ST client.

I am trying to configure Notes 8.5 as an instant messaging provider in RTC but so far I'm not having any luck.

1. First problem: there's no choice for Notes 8.5; closest match is "Sametime 8/Notes 8.0.1"
  2. Second problem: when I select this option & then click "Connect" I get a popup with this text:
Could not connect to client. See the Problem Determination Guide for more information about problem determination for situations.com/ibm/micro/logging/Logger
I've tried the changing the com.ibm.collaboration.realtime/startBroker setting in C:\notes\framework\rcp\plugin_customization.ini but that had no effect. I've also tried modifying C:\Program Files (x86)\IBM\Lotus\Sametime Connect\rcp\plugin_customization.ini but I get access denied messages when I attempt to save an edited version of that file.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Shuhichi Saitoh (20059) | answered Aug 16 '12, 9:49 p.m.
Jeff,

This answer may be too late for you, but I will share my experience on the topic.

I have just tried to use Notes 8.5.2 embedded sametime 8.5.2 with RTC Client 3.0.1.3 and got the same error.
After some investigation, I resolved the problem.

What I did is,

1. Open Notes RCP plugin_customizeation.ini (<Notes_install>/framework/rcp/plugin_customization.ini) with Notepad.
2. "ADD" the following line to the end of the file.
com.ibm.collaboration.realtime/startBroker=true
Note that, there is similar (and very confusing) property on the plugin_customization.ini file.
com.ibm.collaboration.realtime.brokerbridge/startBroker=false
Setting this property to "true", I got the same error.

3. Start Notes, login sametime, open RTC, then configure RTC/sametime integration using Note 8.0.1 as the infocenter described.

I hope this helps you.

Regards,
Shuichi Saitoh
Jeff Care selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Jeff Care commented Aug 17 '12, 9:57 a.m.

I must have mistaken the "brokerbridge" setting in my plugin_customization.ini as the setting that needed to be changed.

After adding com.ibm.collaboration.realtime/startBroker as you suggested it's working now.

Many thanks.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.