It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC with visual studio 2005

Yaron Norani (47267065) | asked Jun 07 '10, 8:28 a.m.
Hello,
We use RTC 2.0.0.2.
We added visual studio project to RTC and succeed to work with the source control.
We added some more solutions.
Now we tried to change some cpp files.
We do not see them in the outgoing, but only in the unresolved.
Also, We tried to perform checkin and got the following:

Error message:
Error during upload
Failed to upload File /Prism Default Component/ORBKprismIP/src/ImageConverter.cpp

Exception type:
com.ibm.team.repository.TeamRepositoryException
Exception message:
Error during upload
Failed to upload File /Prism Default Component/ORBKprismIP/src/ImageConverter.cpp

Exception stack trace:
at com.ibm.team.foundation.service.WebRequestInvocationProxy.Invoke(IMessage myIMessage) in C:\RTC_BUILDS\I2002_20091209-2213\Foundation\ServiceInterfaceProxy\WebRequestInvocationProxy.cs:line 89
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)
at com.ibm.team.filesystem.service.rest.IFilesystemRestClient.postCheckInChanges(ParmsCheckInChanges parms, IProgressMonitor progress)
at com.ibm.team.filesystem.client.FilesystemClient.CheckInChanges(String cfa, ParmsCheckInChanges parms, IProgressMonitor monitor) in C:\RTC_BUILDS\I2002_20091209-2213\Filesystem\FilesystemClient\FilesystemClient.cs:line 1106
at com.ibm.team.filesystem.client.FilesystemClient.CheckInVersionables(String copyFileArea, String repositoryURL, String workspaceItemId, String componentItemId, String changeSetItemId, String newChangeSetComment, String[] versionablesToCheckIn, ParmsCommitDilemmaHandler commitDilemmaHandler, ParmsOutOfSyncInstructions outOfSyncDilemmaHandler, IProgressMonitor monitor) in C:\RTC_BUILDS\I2002_20091209-2213\Filesystem\FilesystemClient\FilesystemClient.cs:line 1022
at com.ibm.team.filesystem.client.operations.CheckInOperation.Run(IProgressMonitor monitor) in C:\RTC_BUILDS\I2002_20091209-2213\Filesystem\FilesystemClient\operations\CheckInOperation.cs:line 133
at com.ibm.team.foundation.ui.handlers.OperationCommandHandler.RunOperationInBackground(AbstractOperation operation, IProgressMonitor monitor) in C:\RTC_BUILDS\I2002_20091209-2213\Foundation\UiUtils\handlers\OperationCommandHandler.cs:line 40
at com.ibm.team.foundation.core.operationrunner.internalimpl.BackgroundWorkerImpl`2.OnDoWork(DoWorkEventArgs args) in C:\RTC_BUILDS\I2002_20091209-2213\Foundation\Core\operationrunner\internalimpl\BackgroundWorkerImpl.cs:line 154
Status code:
Remote exception type:
com.ibm.team.repository.common.TeamRepositoryException
Request URI:
http://localhost:1167/service/com.ibm.team.filesystem.client.rest.IFilesystemRestClient/CheckInChanges
Remote stack trace:

Inner exception:
Exception type:
com.ibm.team.repository.TeamRepositoryException
Exception message:
Error during upload
Exception stack trace:
Status code:
Remote exception type:
com.ibm.team.filesystem.client.FileSystemClientException
Request URI:
http://localhost:1167/service/com.ibm.team.filesystem.client.rest.IFilesystemRestClient/CheckInChanges
Remote stack trace:
[
"com.ibm.team.filesystem.client.internal.utils.RepositoryUtils.throwAppropriateException(RepositoryUtils.java:67)",
"com.ibm.team.filesystem.client.internal.operations.NewCheckInOperation.doDilemmaHandling(NewCheckInOperation.java:1022)",
"com.ibm.team.filesystem.client.internal.operations.NewCheckInOperation.commitChanges(NewCheckInOperation.java:869)",
"com.ibm.team.filesystem.client.internal.operations.NewCheckInOperation.runRequest(NewCheckInOperation.java:708)",
"com.ibm.team.filesystem.client.internal.operations.NewCheckInOperation$1.run(NewCheckInOperation.java:618)",
"com.ibm.team.filesystem.rcp.core.internal.resources.ResourceSharingManager$1.run(ResourceSharingManager.java:456)",
"org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Workspace.run(Workspace.java:1800)",
"com.ibm.team.filesystem.rcp.core.internal.resources.ResourceSharingManager.runWithinFileSystemLock(ResourceSharingManager.java:468)",
"com.ibm.team.filesystem.client.internal.operations.FileSystemOperation.runWithinFileSystemLock(FileSystemOperation.java:173)",
"com.ibm.team.filesystem.client.internal.operations.FileSystemOperation.runWithinFileSystemLock(FileSystemOperation.java:153)",
"com.ibm.team.filesystem.client.internal.operations.NewCheckInOperation.execute(NewCheckInOperation.java:643)",
"com.ibm.team.filesystem.client.internal.operations.FileSystemOperation.run(FileSystemOperation.java:90)",
"com.ibm.team.filesystem.rcp.core.internal.rest.util.CommitUtil.checkInChanges(CommitUtil.java:87)",
"com.ibm.team.filesystem.rcp.core.internal.rest.FilesystemRestClient.postCheckInChanges(FilesystemRestClient.java:770)",
"sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)",
"sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:79)",
"sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)",
"java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:618)",
"com.ibm.team.filesystem.client.daemon.JSONHandler.handle(JSONHandler.java:300)",
"com.ibm.team.filesystem.client.internal.http.HttpConnection.readNextRequest(HttpConnection.java:606)",
"com.ibm.team.filesystem.client.internal.http.HttpConnection$1.run(HttpConnection.java:459)",
"org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:55)"

7 answers

permanent link
Sreerupa Sen (1.0k4) | answered Jun 07 '10, 11:06 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hello,
In response to the first question, when you make some canges to a file, the file becomes a part of the 'Unresolved' changes. Unresolved indicates that the changes are local to your file system but haven't yet made their way to the repository. Then you 'Check in' and the changes make their way, in the form of a change set, to you repository workspace, which is your personal space in the jazz repository. At this point, the changes are in the repo, but your team memmbers still cannot view them. Finally, when you are ready, you 'Deliver' the changes. This takes your changes to your team's stream and they are now available to your team.

For the error that you encountered, I have a few questions.
What version of RTC are you using?
How did you first share your solution/check in your changes? From the solution explorer in Visual Studio?
Is this check-in error consistently reproducible? Was your server up and running when you tried the check-in?

permanent link
Sreerupa Sen (1.0k4) | answered Jun 07 '10, 11:07 a.m.
Sorry I see that you're using RTC 2.0.0.2 so please ignore that question.
regards
--Rupa

permanent link
Yaron Norani (47267065) | answered Jun 07 '10, 11:38 a.m.
Hello,
It is very strange.
I happens within the workspace I am working with.
I have created a new repo workspace + new workspace. I works fine there.
I have tried again in the first workspace and got the error I've sent.
I have discovered that If I logout and login again it works fine. It seems like a timeout problem. Is it something that is known? any resolution for that?
I have not work with the workspace for about 2 hours and then it happened.
Thanks again,

Yaron

permanent link
Yaron Norani (47267065) | answered Jun 21 '10, 2:38 a.m.
Hello. Is there any timeout for the Repository connection for the Visual Studio client,and how can I amnipulate it?
Thanks,
Yaron

permanent link
Sreerupa Sen (1.0k4) | answered Jun 21 '10, 2:52 a.m.
You could go to the 'Properties' menu on a repository connection and set the timeout there. That timeout decides on your login timeout as well as timeout for operations involving source controlling your VS artifacts.

permanent link
sanfi faria (9613218) | answered Jun 28 '10, 8:44 a.m.
Hi,

I am using RTC 2.0.0.1 client for MS-Visual Studio.
In the team artifacts window when i expand the Builds directory under any project i am not able to view the build definitions that are created for that project, but the same is visible if view using the RTC plugin for eclipse.

Could anyone suggest a valid solution to this problem?

Any help is highly appreciated.

Regards
Sanfi Faria

permanent link
Walter Mansur (63613017) | answered Jun 28 '10, 9:21 a.m.
Hi,

This is a known "Works as Designed" with the RTC Client for Visual Studio. There are plans for the Build Definitions to actually be seen in the RTC Client for Visual Studio in a future release of RTC. Sreerupa can correct me, but I believe that this functionality may be available in RTC v3.0.

Project Build Definitions currently have to be created using the RTC Client for Eclipse. After creating a particular Build Definition, you can see some of the Build Definition "Properties" using the RTC Client for Visual Studio if you request a "Personal Build".

To request and run a "Personal Build":
1. Right click on a Build Definition and select "Request Build".
2. In the "Request Build" dialog, click on down arrow to the left of "Build Options".
3. Check the box to the left "Personal Build". You will need to browse to a workspace to use for the build. If this is all you want to do then at this point you can click on the Submit button.

There is also a section called "Build Properties" which can be expanded by clicking on the down arrow to the left of "Build Properties". We usually do not change these for "Personal Builds". But, if you want to change them, this is where you can edit the Build Properties for the Project Build Definition. After you are done, you can click on the Submit button.

CAUTION: If you edit the Build Properties, after the build is done, you will need to put the changes back that you edited earlier (unless the changes you made are meant to be used for the "Project Build"). To do that you will have to go into the RTC Client for Eclipse and make the changes. (Or you can run another Personal Build with the new changes).

We use the RTC Client for Eclipse to create and maintain our Build Definitions. Then we just "Request Builds" from the RTC Client for Visual Studio. If we do personal builds we use the steps I described above.

-Walter

Hi,

I am using RTC 2.0.0.1 client for MS-Visual Studio.
In the team artifacts window when i expand the Builds directory under any project i am not able to view the build definitions that are created for that project, but the same is visible if view using the RTC plugin for eclipse.

Could anyone suggest a valid solution to this problem?

Any help is highly appreciated.

Regards
Sanfi Faria

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.