It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Does Microfocus Cobol support RTC integration?

Osman Burucu (5155) | asked Jun 02 '10, 3:40 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
i have been asked if Microfocus Cobol IDE supports RTC? As far as i know they support ClearCase, but i haven't found any information regarding RTC.. If somebody knows if or if not it will work could you please post the answer here?

thanks in advance

2 answers

permanent link
Alex Akilov (19111) | answered Jun 03 '10, 6:41 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
i have been asked if Microfocus Cobol IDE supports RTC? As far as i know they support ClearCase, but i haven't found any information regarding RTC.. If somebody knows if or if not it will work could you please post the answer here?

thanks in advance

I don't believe their IDE is Eclipse or Visual Studio based. Therefore, they wouldn't be able to shell share and gain the benefit of the integrated rich client. However, since RTC also provides an SCM command line client and Web UI, you may be able to use RTC in combination (albeit unintegrated) with MicroFocus Cobol.

permanent link
Rob Logie (33825041) | answered Jun 03 '10, 11:53 p.m.

thanks in advance

I don't believe their IDE is Eclipse or Visual Studio based. Therefore, they wouldn't be able to shell share and gain the benefit of the integrated rich client. However, since RTC also provides an SCM command line client and Web UI, you may be able to use RTC in combination (albeit unintegrated) with MicroFocus Cobol.

I do not know if this applies to the microfocus IDE, but some IDE's I have seen have the ability to be configured with custom commands for specific SCM actions like check in etc. This means that you could possibly configure it to use the RTC CLI.

Have you investigated if the microfocus IDE can be configured like this ?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.