It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How do I deploy a custom BIRT report?

S S (141418) | asked Apr 10 '14, 10:48 a.m.
 I searched for this earlier and found this thread. I recreated the report as a micro report as suggested and followed the instructions to edited the process template to create a custom report widget. While, the widget does technically work, the widget displays a "no results found" message. If I click on the widget title itself, I'm redirected to the page that contains the Bar graph that displays the correct information. My question: is there some way to display that bar graph on the widget itself, without having to click on the widget and be forced to navigate to another page? 

Accepted answer

permanent link
Alanna Zito (1.3k3) | answered Apr 10 '14, 3:40 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,

If your BIRT report has data in it when you launch the full report, but not in the dashboard widget, it's possible you need to change the image type of your chart - see https://jazz.net/forum/questions/136326/no-results-were-found-in-a-birt-report-on-dashboard.
S S selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
S S commented Apr 11 '14, 9:10 a.m.

Thanks Alanna! Converting the BIRT output to a PNG format worked perfectly.

One other answer

permanent link
Robert Carter (42928589) | answered Apr 10 '14, 10:52 a.m.
 Here are some other articles that might address you customizations questions.

Comments
S S commented Apr 10 '14, 10:57 a.m.

Hi Robert,

I'm able to create the the reports themselves and deploy them. I guess I should have been more specific in the title, but I'm having problems deploying them as a custom dashboard widget. 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.