It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

component load rules

Steve Willems (8811311) | asked May 20 '10, 11:28 a.m.
When creating a build definition including multiple components that have a same root folder, I'm facing a problem when they are loaded.

C1=>src/java
C2=>src/java

I'm getting a conflict that the directory already exists.
Any ideas how this can be avoided? Can each component be loaded into a separate dir to avoid this conflict? And of course I would need to know which dir since I'd like to use it in the master build script.

Thx,
Steve

Fetching files to fetch destination "D:\rtc_build\workspace\_pOtJUF3TEd-Av4bvzQEKbw" ...
com.ibm.team.build.internal.scm.SourceControlUtility$2: Status WARNING: com.ibm.team.filesystem.client code=2 Loading the directories in the file system would overwrite/remove existing directories. null children=[Status WARNING: com.ibm.team.filesystem.client code=204 build (collides with other components being loaded) null Status WARNING: com.ibm.team.filesystem.client code=204 src (collides with other components being loaded) null]
at com.ibm.team.build.internal.scm.SourceControlUtility.updateFileCopyArea(SourceControlUtility.java:371)
at com.ibm.team.build.internal.engine.JazzScmPreBuildParticipant.preBuild(JazzScmPreBuildParticipant.java:193)
at com.ibm.team.build.internal.engine.BuildLoop.invokePreBuildParticipants(BuildLoop.java:628)
at com.ibm.team.build.internal.engine.BuildLoop$2.run(BuildLoop.java:466)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Contains: build (collides with other components being loaded)
Contains: src (collides with other components being loaded)

7 answers

permanent link
Nick Edgar (6.5k711) | answered May 21 '10, 10:20 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Sorry, this is not currently supported in 2.0.0.x, but is planned for 3.0.
See 111335: Allow directories to be created for components during a build's load phase (for JBE and teamFetch Ant task).

Comment 1 suggests a workaround using the SCM CLI.

A simpler workaround is to add top-level folders to the components, e.g. project names like how Eclipse-based projects are supported.

Regards,
Nick

permanent link
Steve Willems (8811311) | answered May 21 '10, 10:27 a.m.
Sorry, this is not currently supported in 2.0.0.x, but is planned for 3.0.
See 111335: Allow directories to be created for components during a build's load phase (for JBE and teamFetch Ant task).

Comment 1 suggests a workaround using the SCM CLI.

A simpler workaround is to add top-level folders to the components, e.g. project names like how Eclipse-based projects are supported.

Regards,
Nick

thx nick, the scm cli could do the trick for us. It's not that much work with ant I think.
We could add again the top foldes, although we were adviced not to put them, but this will require some updates of the basepaths in the different build scripts.

regards,
steve

permanent link
Nick Edgar (6.5k711) | answered May 21 '10, 1:22 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Who advised you not to use top-level folders? Was this from us, or an internal recommendation?

permanent link
Steve Willems (8811311) | answered May 25 '10, 3:54 a.m.
Who advised you not to use top-level folders? Was this from us, or an internal recommendation?

It was by the IBM, but more in the sence that a component can be loaded into it's proper directoty automatically and thus there would be no need to create that directory again insode the component.

permanent link
Nick Edgar (6.5k711) | answered May 25 '10, 10:07 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Just curious, was this in the product documentation, on jazz.net somewhere, or a recommendation by IBM support? If you have a pointer, I'd appreciate it.

Just to clarify: we -should- support optionally creating directories for the components when loading during a build, but it's not currently supported in 2.x, so if we're recommending that users not create top level directories, then that should be addressed.

permanent link
Steve Willems (8811311) | answered May 25 '10, 11:48 a.m.
Just curious, was this in the product documentation, on jazz.net somewhere, or a recommendation by IBM support? If you have a pointer, I'd appreciate it.

I pm'd you with the info

Just to clarify: we -should- support optionally creating directories for the components when loading during a build, but it's not currently supported in 2.x, so if we're recommending that users not create top level directories, then that should be addressed.

I agree. Hope it will be included also in a 2.x fix if it's not too complicated to implement

permanent link
Nick Edgar (6.5k711) | answered May 25 '10, 1:21 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Thanks, yes it's planned for 3.0. I've subscribed you to the work item mentioned above (#111335).

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.