It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Supported High Availability Configuration for RQM

Manuel AlcarazGarcia -jazzDotNet- (2033) | asked Apr 26 '10, 2:07 p.m.
It is known that RTC has a failover configuration.
As RQM v2.0.1 shares the same Jazz Foundation Server that RTC v2.0.0.2 does...
... will this allow RQM to also be deployed in a HA SUPPORTED configuration?

4 answers

permanent link
Patrick Van Zandt (1.2k1) | answered Apr 26 '10, 3:32 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
It is known that RTC has a failover configuration.
As RQM v2.0.1 shares the same Jazz Foundation Server that RTC v2.0.0.2 does...
... will this allow RQM to also be deployed in a HA SUPPORTED configuration?

RQM 2.0.1 product documentation -> search for "high availability".

Or, from the link above navigate directly to Installing and Upgrading -> Installing Rational Quality manager -> Deploying jazz.war on WebSphere Application Server for high availability environments.

Excerpt from above link:
--------------
The Idle Standby configuration enables recovery from failover to help ensure minimal impact on business operations during planned or unplanned server outages. To implement the idle standby configuration with IBM Rational Team Concert, you must have the Enterprise edition and WebSphere Application Server. To implement the idle standby configuration with IBM Rational Quality Manager, you must have the Standard edition and WebSphere Application Server.
--------------

permanent link
Kelvin Ho (212) | answered Mar 15 '12, 3:20 p.m.
I used RQMUrlUtility with the PUT command and the url that includes an external ID to create a new test artifact. Can I change the external ID after this creation? I notice that I can use the corresponding internal ID with the GET command to retrieve the same information. If I modify something in the xml file and do a PUT command with the external ID, everything is fine. If I use the internal ID with the PUT command, the identifier field is changed to the internal ID, and evidently, my external ID is lost. The same URL with the external ID no longer exists.

1) The fact that my external ID is lost after I use the internal ID to update with the PUT command looks like a bug.

2) Can I actually change the external ID after a test artifact is created with it?

Thanks.

Kelvin

permanent link
Patrick Van Zandt (1.2k1) | answered Mar 15 '12, 3:26 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I used RQMUrlUtility with the PUT command and the url that includes an external ID to create a new test artifact. Can I change the external ID after this creation? I notice that I can use the corresponding internal ID with the GET command to retrieve the same information. If I modify something in the xml file and do a PUT command with the external ID, everything is fine. If I use the internal ID with the PUT command, the identifier field is changed to the internal ID, and evidently, my external ID is lost. The same URL with the external ID no longer exists.

1) The fact that my external ID is lost after I use the internal ID to update with the PUT command looks like a bug.

2) Can I actually change the external ID after a test artifact is created with it?

Thanks.

Kelvin

The above question appears to have no relation to the topic of this thread ("Supported High Availability Configuration for RQM").
@kho -- please start a new forum thread.

permanent link
Pramod Chandoria (2.1k11220) | answered Mar 16 '12, 4:30 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Thanks.

Kelvin

1) This seems a bug if it is lost, external ID should not be lost
2) No, because that is how to create identity in REST call. once external id is changed it can break link from other references if any.

Do you have any reason to change it? It would be good to start new thread for new topic

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.