It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Manage untested, overtime- should have in Execution Record view

Thao Nguyen (37334) | asked Mar 17 '20, 3:14 a.m.

Hello,

During test plan preparation for each iteration, I use estimate value of each Test Case Execution Record (TCER) and calculate how many days each tester needs to complete the assignment, also completion date of individual.

However, we need to track in one separate file about time of untested (vacation, sudden interruption,..), overtime
Do you have any ways to perform this purpose?

I see on Jazz QM 6.0.6 iFix011 has section User, inside that it has Untested, Overtime, Comments and Notes. Not sure if someone tried it and what is it used for. Also, this section does not define for each user

I would hope to have information of Untested, Overtime for each tester. I think it should be in TCER view in order to exporting data and perform calculation on TCER data

Comments
Subhajit Bhuiya commented Mar 18 '20, 2:40 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Is the User section is a new section? Is this section under Test Case? is it a custom section created by project admin? 

Thao Nguyen commented Mar 18 '20, 11:09 p.m.

Oops, I recall that I created a custom section "User" with type as Grid. It has columns: Overtime, Untested, Comments, Notes as described. I supposed it was built-in section, but it is not

Meanwhile, do you have any advice how to implement above purpose- to track untested, overtime during running test for each member?

One answer

permanent link
Vijay Patil (4813) | answered Mar 25 '20, 4:26 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,

Like Estimate and Time Spent, we do not have default fields for Untested and Overtime for Test Case Execution Record (TCER). But you can create custom attributes or categories for TCER to track Untested and Overtime for each tester.
Please check following help doc link for more details about custom attributes and categories -

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
Vijay Patil

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.